Chapter 62 A Way You Won't Take

Vivian threw her phone aside and got up from her bed. She trimmed her nails and removed the nail paint. She looked at her hair-- Which had grown till her knees over all this time. She was too busy to notice that.

'I hope they grow long soon' She heard Ethan's words in her head.
"They did." She smiled.

She sat in the balcony and oiled her hair. She remembered the time when Ethan did it for her. It felt good to be free enough to recall their memories of when they were closer.

"So, over time, I just fell more deeply in love." She checked her Antabulam and looked at Ethan's name "I'm glad though... At least we could know each other better."

Fate stood behind her "You aren't gonna fight?" She asked.
"I can't go against you. An angel must not involve herself with the mortal world."
"So, are you gonna live the rest of your life alone?"

"I guess. Angels can't die but they can't live either. I'm gonna move out the day after. I should pack my stuff." Vivian finished braiding her hair "Will you help?" She asked Fate.

"And here I thought that now finally I could insult you and your decisions." Fate started laughing.
"That's pretty offensive"
"You find it offensive-- I find it funny! That's why I'm happier than you."
"Lately, it seems like everybody is happier than me. And everybody hates me without any reason."

"If someone hates you for no reason, then give them a reason."
"What?" Vivian looked confused. Fate took her phone and broke it into two pieces "Girl," Fate shook her head.

Maya opened the apartment's door and tip toed her way inside.
"I'm back from work, prez!" Maya shouted.
"Good. Now go away." Ethan said.

"Prez!" Maya had an envelope in her hand "You got a mail! It must have been laying there since morning. Check your mails!"
"Who sent it?" He asked as he took the envelope from her.
"Don't know. Oh--Maybe it's a love letter~"

"Your expectations are unrealistic." He opened the envelope and looked at the letter inside it.

The boxes were all packed up now.
"Thank you, Fate. Your magic is awesome!" Vivian looked at the huge boxes.
"Where will you go?" She asked.
"Germany. I bought a house there with the money I earned. It's far far away from here--where no one would ever find me."
"That would be a pretty boring life."

"That sounds...perfect," Vivian smiled. Fate looked away.
"Do you really not want to fight for the love of your life?"
Vivian looked at Fate "I want him to be happy so I decided to leave but since I can't, he has to leave."
Fate didn't say anything after that.

Kurosava walked towards Vivian's apartment and rang the doorbell.
"Who is it now?" Vivian asked and looked at the clock. It was about to be eight in the evening. Lucus got up from the Tokyo Tower as his eyes turned grey. He felt a shiver down his spine as the cold wind struck him from behind. It was them again. He jumped down the Tokyo tower and landed on a building's terrace. He began running as the strong wind followed him, shattering everything.

He ran up and down the uneven terrace floors until he found a safe hiding spot. That wind soon disappeared. He took a sigh of relief "For how long do I need to keep running from those free souls?"

Suddenly, the Antabulam began shining bright red. He looked inside it but couldn't read anything. There were various names appearing and disappearing continuously.

And finally it stopped shining, leaving behind a blank paper. "This seems really bad..."

Vivian touched the doorknob "Don't open it" Fate commanded. Vivian turned towards her. She took her Grecabulum and Vivian's Antabulam in her arms. "Fate--" She stood with her back pressed on the front wall. Vivian looked ahead at the doorknob. The doorbell rang again. "What is it?"