Chapter 39 I Can't Live Without You

It was half past 11 at the night. The moonlight penetrated through the balcony's window, straight into the apartment. Vivian fell on Kirito and grabbed his coat as she desperately tried to walk on the heels.

"I can't walk in these!" Vivian said.

"Too bad, you need to dance in these" Kirito said as he held her hand. "I hate dancing! Especially classical dancing! I'd rather sing!" Vivian said.

Kirito grabbed her cheeks and gave a sarcastic smile "I'm not giving you a choice there. 1st of January, we have the party. This month and the next is all I have" Kirito said.
"I don't wanna learn it." Vivian grinned "Okay, then I'll dance with someone else" Kirito said with a smirk.

Vivian looked at the floor "What? Got something to say?" He said. Tear drops fell down cheeks her cheeks.

"Don't cry! I was just joking! What a cry baby." He said as he wiped her tears with his shirt "Okay, let's learn it slowly. I'll hold you." Kirito said.

Vivian nodded as she wiped her tears and took a step ahead slowly. They walked around the apartment holding hands, Vivian looked at her feet and Kirito looked at her.

The clock began ringing as it striked twelve and Kirito looked at it "Let's stop here for today. Don't strain your feet" He said. Vivian jumped on the bed and threw away her heels.

"Hey! Get me some water!" Vivian bossed around in German "Stop being a brat-" Kirito said as he narrowed his eyes. Vivian threw a pillow on his face "Make me" Vivian said.

"Okay, you asked for it!" He shouted as he jumped on the bed with the pillow. She grabbed another pillow and began hitting him on his head. He hit her butt and she jumped on the bed.

She got up on the bed again "Whoever falls from the bed-- Loses!" Vivian shouted as she continued hitting Kirito "Alright!" Kirito shouted as he finally resorted back.

They both started hitting so hard that finally the pillows tore apart and the room was filled with cotton and feathers but that didn't stop them. Not until the pillows weren't pillows anymore.

Vivian shouted as she continued jumping on the bed. "It looks like it's snowing! So pretty..." Vivian said as she lay on the bed beside Kirito.

"It reminds me of home" Vivian said.

"You mean-- Snow?" Kirito asked as he looked at her. His black hair was filled with white cotton and feathers.

"Yes. It snows a lot in Baden-Württemberg"
"Tell me about it. You never talk about home"
Vivian laughed "Well, I'm from Achkarren am Kaiserstuhl in Baden-Württemberg. It's a small farmer's village. My dad is a cow farmer and we own a dairy where mom makes cheese and Delia helps in making different kinds of flavoured cheese. We also sell milk" Vivan said as she looked at the ceiling.

"So you made cheese too?" Kirito asked. "No, I don't know how to do that. I just used to take the cows for grazing and milk them in the morning" Vivian said "And clean the house. It wasn't too difficult since my previous home wasn't so big" Vivian said.

"We have nine cows, Betty is my favourite because we both relate to each other. When I found that I'd have to leave her behind for marriage, I cried one full day" Vivian said.

"That's a proof now. You're a crybaby. Why is she so special from other cows though?"

"Well, she was born in the same week I was born. And we've always stayed together since then. She only let's me milk her. I wonder how dad is handling her" Vivian started laughing.

"Seems like a good relationship."
"Yes, we get up early, around five in the morning, milk the cows and then dad would go out for selling milk while I would take the cows to the mountains. They would graze while I would gather firewood and fruits in the forest. I would sing with the birds and hear the voices of trees.