Chapter 50 Delusion Of Grandeur

The make up artist quickly gave a make up touch to Vivian's face. Ethan looked at her "Why the frock again? I swear I'm gonna rip off all your frocks" She chuckled nervously.

"Oh! Right" She said as she left the make up artist and ran out of the dressing room.
"Wait- I've only done half of your face!"
"Vivian!" Ethan shouted behind her
"The chords" She shouted and disappeared.
"Chords?"

Kurosava switched on his phone and looked at the live stream on Belleneé's official channel. People were continously commenting

"Why aren't they starting?!"
"What's taking them so long?"
"Maybe some technical error?"
"That has never happened with 'Belleneé'. Shut up"

"Seems like they didn't prepare properly this time"
"Too cocky I'd say"

He smiled as he looked at all the comments 'I wouldn't be surprised if the sales fall after this' He thought. Suddenly, the lights turned up and the ramp was lit.

"It's starting!"

'What the--'

Vivian walked to the stage in her German frock. The musicians already had the chords in front of them which Vivian had written on spot. Kurosava looked at the screen with his eyes wide open. She had a mike in her hand. Everyone looked at her and she looked at them. Her face was red and she was a bit drunk. It was fifteen minutes past the scheduled time already.

"Who is she? Is she a guest singer?"
"I have never seen her."
"Her face is half done with makeup lmao! And what's with that frock? Grandma?"
"LOL. Let's hope she can sing"

She breathed into the mike and shouted "Everyone! Welcome to Belleneé's fourth season of fashion! This year, we got you the very best of what you've ever seen! Tonight everybody, we will be blowing off your minds! So shout with everything you've got!" She said but everyone was quietly seated on their seats.

"I like her already, lol"
"People ignored her like anything dude!"
"She doesn't belong there."

Ethan pressed his head "She doesn't know a thing about how it works"
"Let's do it! One two three- HIT!"

Maya did the opening walk. Everyone was stunned as they looked at her walk. Other models followed up as Vivian danced with them on the ramp. People moved with the music though there wasn't a lot of liveliness or hooting. After it was over, came the comments-

"That was too good!!"
"Ikr! Man, what's her name? I love her voice!"
"Me too! I'll search her up."

Vivian ran out of the ramp and hugged Ethan. "Good work" He said with a smile "I'm sober! I can't sing when I'm sober" She said.

"Why?"
"I'm scared of big crowds" Vivian said as she hugged him tighter. He smiled "It's okay, that's enough for tonight" He pressed her head with a smile "I'm cold. I want hot chocolate" She said. "Sure" He said.

"My God! Mrs Hiomi! You sing so good! Which song was it?!" Sora said.
"It's an original" Vivian said with a smile
"What?!"
"I wrote it few weeks after my marriage"

"You're so talented!" Everyone gathered around her and praised her while Ethan thought of something. They drove towards their home and Ethan was still deep in thoughts.

"What is it, Ethan?" Vivian said.
"I was thinking-- Why did the singer disappear suddenly? That has honestly never happened before" He said while looking ahead at the road. "Maybe he got sick?" Vivian said.

"Maybe. But then, we'd find him at his home. Erika is missing too. For two weeks now. The police still doesn't know whether she's alive or dead. I'm having a really bad feeling about this" Ethan said.

"Yes." Vivian said.
"Also, she knows my secrets. That I'm not the real Kirito. That my real name is Ethan. And the real Kirito died. I didn't tell her about my past though"

"So, you still show your emotions?"
"I have difficulty showing facial expressions, that's why I usually wear a poker face. And people think I'm being sarcastic and rude but that's not what I really want to portray. I want to change this about me" He said and they stopped at the traffic light.

She pressed her hand on his and looked into his eyes "Don't change your colors for a few people, maybe they are color blind" She said.

"This is unfair"
"What is?" She asked.

He leaned towards her and kissed her on lips. She looked into his eyes as he pressed his fingers on her hair "They are growing" 

The light turned blue and he began driving as she looked outside the window with a face as red as a tomato. "So, you wrote the lyrics, huh?" He said with a wicked smile.

"What?"
"Sing it again" He said while driving "Right now?" She said. "There's no huge crowd here so you can sing, can't you?"

"Yeah,"
"Then, please began, Mrs Hiomi."
"Didn't I wait for you
Didn't I say I'm sorry
Didn't I do the best I could

You have high expectations
Don't I know that you've explained
How I should prove myself to you

But I cant wanna make you
I need to love again
But I cant wanna make you
I need to find my way
By myself..." Vivian said as her voice got louder.

"I can not wait until you hear my story
I can not wait until I'm missed
If I could have a day without no worries
Maybe I figure out~ "

Her voice cracked and Ethan burst out laughing "You sound horrible!"
"Shut up! I got conscious!"
"Continue singing."
"Didn't I- I- forgot what I was gonna sing- No!" She shouted and Ethan laughed harder.
"First you stop laughing at me! That's very disrespectful-" He laughing until he choked and ran out of breath. He halted the car. They were home.

"I'm dying!" He said while holding his laugh.

"Go die, jerk" Vivian mumbled and turned towards the window as he tried to catch his breath.
"I will never sing for you!" She ran out of the car.

"Hey," He grabbed her arm and she turned back "You were beautiful on that ramp tonight" He said and she blushed "Except the fact that you looked stupid with that half makeup on your face and that frock."

She pushed him and ran away as he fell on the seat while laughing and looked at the roof of the car "It's been a while since I laughed so much" He said with a smile.

Lucus sang as he sat on the top of a building showing advertisements of Belleneé's fashion show.
"Didnt I but you first
Didnt I reassure you
Did you ever do this things for me?
I dont mind complicated
But the line is crossed,
I'm waiting
For a sincere apology
But you can't when you are with me
You need to find a way
But you can't when you are with me
You care with everyone else
Just not me...
Does nobody realise how sad these lyrics are? That melody is just to hide the pain of those words"

"This is gonna go big" He looked at the replay of the fashion show which had already hit five million views. He lay on the railings and looked at the stars "The same shit again. I wonder if this time it will end good."

- To be continued

Elios Kurosava My Heart Hates Me

Elios Kurosava
My Heart Hates Me