Chapter 35 Love Is The Name

Vivian was back home again. But her mind was still resounding Fate's words.
"This is the key"
"Key to what?" Her hair grew to its original length and her clothes changed back.

Everything was back to how it was-- Except the choker. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and then looked at the golden choker. She tried pulling it out but it was fixed on her neck.

"What the--" She applied some cream to pull it off, soap, oil, powder, but nothing worked. She took a hammer and decided to break it. She pulled it away and hit the hammer on it. She tried everything she could think off but it didn't come off.

Finally, tired, she threw herself back on the bed. "What the hell, so this is what it is? I can't remove it," She said to herself. "It looks so weird to go out with this but I need to buy the groceries..."

Aoi was on target. He sneezed as he sat inside his room, playing video games.
"Something unnecessary is going to happen." He turned back. And he was right.

"What else?" He said on his phone as he stood with a bag full of tomatoes. "Also get lettuce." Vivian said.
"Why can't you ask brother to do all this?!" Aoi complained.
"He's busy"
"And I'm not?" Aoi said.
"No."

He hung up "Bitch." Vivian cooked when the door unlocked and Kirito came in. She looked at him "Welcome back, Hiomi. Why don't you take a bath? Dinner will be ready soon or do you need to go out today too?"

"No, I wanna eat first." He removed his tie.
"Okay" She removed her apron.
"That looks good" He complimented as he looked at her choker.
"Thanks."

"Where did you get it from?" Kirito asked as he touched it "Looks pretty antique."

"My mom gave it to me." Vivian said. "See, you people aren't poor afterall"
He looked into his phone as he ate the food. Vivian looked at him and then just focused on the food "Where do you wanna go?" He asked.
"What?" Vivian asked.

"Christmas is coming. I thought we should go on a holiday. Where do you wanna go?" Kirito asked as he looked into his phone.
"North Pole!" Vivian said with a smile.

"Nevermind."
"I'm serious! It's beautiful, it even has aurora beams shooting across the sky. And penguins!" 
"I will freeze to death."
"Then, Amazon forest?"

"Can't you chose normal places like normal women--"
"African safari" Vivian interrupted. Kirito took a deep breath.
"I'll chose something myself."
"Oh wait, there is a place where I wanna go" Vivian said as she looked at the ceiling.
"Finally a serious reply. Where?"

"Let's go to Philippines."
Kirito looked at her with surprise "No" He said.
"But why?! I will only go there--"
"Then you can go alone-- I'm done for today" He got from the chair and walked towards the bedroom "I'll sleep."

"Alright." Vivian said 'There's something about that country.' Vivian thought. After Vivian was done with the dishes, she sat with her computer before her. She typed "Who is the angel of death?"

After reading through many pages, she stumbled upon a website "The seven archangels" She clicked on the link.
"Killed the fifth one; Charms; Book of Death; The grim reaper; Key." Her eyes stopped at that as she read through it "A key is basically an angel's weapon" She got up as she touched the choker around her neck. She turned back and found Lucus standing behind her.

He looked over her shoulder at the laptop. "Oh! You're researching about us" He walked towards the laptop "These are just myths, you can directly ask me you know." He said with a smile as he picked up the laptop.

"Lucus, you're breaking all the rules. Do you think it's good for you? It says you can't make humans angels."
"They can't do anything against me, I'm death"

"The key-- Which weapon is that?" Vivian asked "You'll know it when you need it. You won't need it anytime soon. Whatever I've given you, is exactly what you need, Vivian. Trust my timing." He sat on the table.

"Also, your husband" He looked at the stars outside the balcony.
"What about Hiomi?" Vivian asked.
"He might try something naughty soon~" He winked.

"Go away!" Vivian shouted as she pushed him out to the balcony. "But hey, that's what I saw--"
"Kirito is not like that!"
"He is a man, you know. All men are wolves-"

"Go!" Vivian shouted as she turned red. He laughed and vanished in the dark clouds. Vivian took a deep breath and calmed herself down. Suddenly, the bedroom's door opened "Can you stop shouting? Why are you not asleep yet?" Kirito said.

"I'm sorry..."

"So, how does it feel?" Fate asked.
"Love is an amazing feeling." Lucus pressed his chest. He lay on sand, near a beach while Fate stood beside him.
"You're so gonna regret sharing hearts"
"You say that because you have one, it's been so long since I last felt anything"

"Why are you so obsessed with love?"
"Because you usually love things you can't have."
The clock struck twelve when Vivian sat on the sofa and spread a blanket over it. "What are you doing?" Kirito asked as he sat on the bed.

"S- Sleeping" Vivian said. Her face turned red as soon as she heard his voice but she didn't look at his face.
"Then sleep on the bed." Kirito got into the blanket. "But then where will you sleep?"

"Of course I'll sleep beside you, dumbass"
Vivian looked at her blanket.

'Is this the time?! Lucus said soon-- what does soon mean? Is it right now or is there something more in the middle of the night--'

"What are you thinking? Come here quickly."
"Y- Yes!" Vivian said as she quickly picked up her blanket, messed up her legs and fell on the floor.
"What are you doing?"

"I'm okay-- I'm okay!" She said as she got up and picked up her blanket "This blanket is big enough, we both can use it, just come here" Kirito said.

'What?! Kirito and I, in the same blanket--'

'Might try something naughty soon~'

'No no no, I need to stop thinking dirty! Kirito is not like that--'

'He is a man, you know. All men are wolves-'

'This is just--'

"What are you thinking?"
"Nothing!" Vivian got under the blanket 'Whatever happens, I don't care! He can do whatever he wants!' She thought as she squeezed the blanket.

He got above her and she looked at his chest 'Here it comes!' He switched off the lamp and lay back.
'I feel so lame for hoping for something' Vivian thought. She turned her back towards him and he turned towards her.

She could hear his breath on her neck and feel his heartbeat on her back. 'Kirito's heart,' She thought as she closed her eyes 'It beats for someone else, I know that. I know that I should not do this but, I can't listen to my heart. And my heart hates me'

- To be continued

Kirito Hiomi || Vivian Hiomi My Heart Hates Me

My Heart Hates Me