Chapter 20 Volcano Up

It was morning too. None of them could sleep last night but Vivian was happy. Atleast she had a good conversation with him. Though, she still didn't know a lot about a lot. She was in the kitchen when Kirito came out of the bath, he had a towel wrapped around him.

"I've kept your clothes in the basket." Vivian said from kitchen. He picked them up and looked at them. After he was dressed up in a red T- shirt and blue pajamas, he went to the kitchen with the towel around his neck.

"Jeez! You didn't even dry your hair properly"
"I guess they are okay" He was looking for something in the fridge.
"They are not!" She took the towel from him. She gently scrubbed his head with the towel as he looked at her.

"There you have it." His bangs covered his eyes and his greenish blue eyes were glowing under his hair.
"Wow. You look... Ethereal!" She laughed.
"Oh yeah?" He touched his his bangs while looking at them. She sniffed him "You smell like love."

He looked at her for a while and then shrugged her hand off "I think, I should start going to work again. I feel better now."
"That's great. Why don't you go tomorrow? You can relax for today. Also, I think you should get a haircut."

"Should I?" He touched his bangs. "They are starting to cover your eyes."
"Yeah, you're right. It's irritating. Alright cut it."
"Wait--Me?" She said.
"Yeah, I cut my hair at home. Going to the salon is troublesome and time consuming. Plus, the stylists are annoying, they don't stop chattering"

"So?"
"So you cut it"
"I don't know how to cut someone's hair!"
"Just trim it above my eyebrows, ears and neck"
"Easy said than done!"

Kirito sat on a chair in front of the basin and looked into the mirror. Vivian stood behind him with a pair of scissors in her hand and a trimmer.

"Use the blade 8 of the trimmer" He turned towards her. "What's that?" She asked.
"Turn the dial on the trimmer to eight" He said as he pointed at the blade.
"Like this?"

"Yeah, now turn on the switch and just outline it on my scalp near the neck and ears" He said. She did as told.
"Does it hurt?" She asked.
"Why will it hurt? You're cutting my hair, not my skin" He looked into the mirror "Great now give me the scissors, I'll cut my bangs myself" He said.

"I will do it!" She shouted.
"No." He grabbed the scissors from her.
"I will do it!" She rebounded back and pulled the scissors from him.
"Go away!"
"I won't!"

"What's into you suddenly? You were so reluctant to cut my hair and now you're all excited!" He shouted.
"Yes! Because I can feel it!" She shouted.
"What can you feel?!" He shouted back.
"You" She said as she looked into his eyes. He immediately looked away and gulped his saliva. She got closer to his face as he moved away slowly.

"What do you want?" He asked while looking at the wall, when her face was about an inch away from his face. "I will cut your hair"
"No!" He looked at her and their eyes met. She looked deep into his eyes until he finally closed his eyes and took a breath. He pressed his hands on her shoulders and gently pushed her away.

"Okay, I lose. Here, cut them"
"Yay!" She brought the scissors close to his bangs.
"If I don't like what you cut, you're spending the rest of the week in the bathroom, right over here"
"Sure. And you'll make the food, right?"

"What the-- You're planning to mess up!" She pressed her fingers over lips and smiled.
"Just stay still now" He closed his eyes and could only hear the voice of scissors going through his hair.

'I hope she she doesn't mess up'

"I messed up!" She shouted.

"Oh God!" He shouted as he pushed her aside and looked into the mirror.
"They look fine," He looked at his reflection.
"Your reaction was better than expected"
"Not a good joke." He sat back on the chair. Vivian pulled the chair and he fell on the bathroom floor.

"How is this one then?" She giggled. He turned back and glared at her. She shrieked as she ran out of the bathroom. He got up and picked up the chair. He moved towards the closet and picked up the shaving foam. He sprayed it on his face and took out a razor from a plastic packet.

"Aren't you gonna chase me?" She peeped through the door.
"What are we-- 12?" He started shaving.
"Man! You're no fun." She sat on the chair behind him "Why are you so boring?"

"That's just how I am. Accept it or fuck off" He began shaving.
"Why are you suddenly so mean?"
"Mmm" He said while shaving.
"What 'mmm'? You're so annoying sometimes" She complained.

He rolled his eyes.
"Say something!" She shouted. Finally, he clicked his tongue and moved the razor away from his face.
"Can I shave?!" He shouted as he turned towards her.
"I'm not stopping you."
"Listen, shut up and let me shave"

"Fine!" She grumbled and sat back on the chair. He looked into the mirror and continued shaving when suddenly she got up and pressed her finger on his neck. He seemed annoyed but nevertheless, he continued quietly. She traced his spine with her finger. He shriveled and ended up with a cut on his face.

"Oh my God! Are you okay?!" She shouted as she pulled his face towards herself. "MY neck!" He shouted.
"Oh sorry" She left his face. He glared at her. She smiled nervously. She ran out of the bathroom and he ran after her. They played chase all around the house for about five minutes. Kirito's face was still covered with half foam as he chased her.

"Haha! You look like a clown!" Vivian laughed hysterically as she stood behind the sofa.
"This isn't funny!" Kirito shouted as he stood in front of the sofa.
"For you-- it isn't!" Vivian laughed. Kirito removed his T- shirt and wiped the foam with it. He threw it aside and ran after her. They ran in circles around the sofa until Kirito jumped over it and grabbed her. They both landed on the sofa, with Vivian above him.

"Huli ka!" He shouted with excitement. Suddenly, he froze.
"Huli ka? What does that mean?" Vivian looked at him. He pushed her aside and got up from the sofa. He quickly walked towards the balcony door, with his back facing Vivian.

"Hiomi," She walked towards him.
"Don't touch me"
"Okay, I won't. Calm down. Look at me, Hiomi." She moved her hands away from him.
"I can't"
"You can't what?"
"I can't look at you. Why don't you understand, I am not me anymore."

Meanwhile, Jericho was sitting in a shrine while about ten cats surrounded him.
"Cat food" He kept some cat food on his head and all the cats were ready to jump at him.

"Hey, how's it going, catnips?"

- To be continued

Jeroboam HatsuguMy Heart Hates Me

Jeroboam Hatsugu
My Heart Hates Me