Chapter 33 Wanna Be One

Fate walked on the footpath with other humans walking right through her. She stopped and looked at her book
"Don't do it, Death. I'm telling you, you'll regret it way more than you think and in the end, you're the one who'll be left alone."

'I know, Fate'

"The person for whom I wanted to love betrayed me, I don't see any reason to move ahead--"
"Even when you can't see clearly, you must move ahead or you will rot"
"I want to rot. Let my soul rot in the hells of tarnished fate"

"Once you're dead, I can't undo it. You know that, right?"
"I do"
He thought something and finally said:
"This morning, as the dawn light hits your body, I will take away your soul to the blue stairs of fate. If you want to change your mind, you have tonight's time."

She just nodded her head and he disappeared in the black clouds, leaving her standing on the street all by herself.

"What she said-- about killing her-- I wasn't expecting that" Lucus said as he sat on the metal blocks of a building under construction.

"I write situations not a person's reaction to that. That is upto them how they react, that's why I'm tangible, you write your own fate by your actions" Fate said as she stood beside him and looked at the city ahead.

"Why are you so cruel towards her?" Lucus said.

"I give people what they deserve" Fate said. "Then is this what she deserves?" Lucus said as he got up. He snatched Fate's book and opened a page. It was about Vivian.

"Erika and Kirito become friends and Erika helps Kirito to take care of Vivian. Later they grow closer and finally Kirito marries Erika. This is bullshit-- so not the ending I want" Lucus said.

"You are an ending, not I" Fate said "I am the dawn, the sky and the sun. I only give light to the world and sight to the eyes, how you use them is upto you" Fate said and took her book back from Lucus. The sky started getting bright and it was dawn already.

"I will stop you" Lucus said as he looked at his book.

"What are you thinking, Death?" Fate said as she looked at him "Don't do something that you might regret."

Lucus looked at her, his grey and his hair peach. Fate looked into his eyes "You are right, I am the end. So I'll decide who's end I be" He said and disappeared among the black clouds.

She stood watching the skylight grow brighter "Not good"

Vivian sat on the balcony. Kirito didn't return home that night. Lucus appeared behind her.
'So you've decided' He thought as he looked at her, sadly. As he moved closer, he heard her crying softly.

'Loving is just so painful'

"It is" Lucus said and Vivian quickly turned back. He stood with his book in his hand but no smile on his face.
"Lucus--"

"But, if love can fade, then so can pain" He said as he looked into her eyes. Then he took a deep breath, as if releasing all the sadness and preparing himself for what was coming.

"So" He said with a smile "Your falling tears have answered you already" The white stairs opened from the balcony into the blue sky. He wrote the date and time into his book and looked at Vivian.

He brought his hand forward "Shall we? Let's dance the final walk of death" He said with a smile. She held his hand gently and stepped on the first white stair. Her body's vitals began dropping.

She felt calm as she stepped on the stairs and began walking slowly as Lucus accompanied her until the blue stairs arrived and Lucus looked into her eyes "You were a great soul to be known."
"Is this where we part ways?" Vivian asked.