Chapter 9 Sweet Nothing or Love

Vivian opened her eyes and looked at her arms. Kirito had grabbed her wrist as he stood behind her. She turned back and looked at him. Her hair was safe. He had stopped her on time. He looked at the scissors and took them away.

"Cutting them?" He asked. She quickly turned back and wiped her tears. He clicked his tongue in irritation "Why are you crying? You look pathetic when you cry-- just stop."

She laughed "I look pathetic either way so it doesn't really make any difference."
At this point, she had lost something much more important than her live for him. She didn't sacrifice her hair but her self confidence took the toll.

"The house is mess, the dishes aren't done yet. Seriously, do real work. Stop wasting time. Also, I forgot a file. Find it for me" He ordered.
"I'll get it to your office."
"Do you think I'll let you enter there? I don't wanna become a piece of mockery. Just find the file-- Do what you're told" She went into the bedroom and looked through his cupboard.

Meanwhile, Kirito looked at the scissors and threw them inside the dustbin.

"Hiomi" Vivian held the file in her hands "This is it, right?"
He snatched the file from her hands and walked out. She watched him leave and got back to work.

Later that afternoon , Kirito sat inside the conference room, thinking to himself. People were discussing about a new plan while he just sat and looked at the glass kept in front of him.

"Are you crazy? How will you find that?!" Someone shouted but he was still mentally in a world elsewhere.

"They asked for one so I--"
"You should've rejected them!"

"Can you geeks stop shouting?!" Kirito shouted which was pretty ironic. "Always whining about something or the other!"

"But sir--"
"What do they want? Which girl?" Kirito opened the related file "What the hell is this?"
"No extensions-- They've have specially mentioned it."
"Where will we find someone like that?!"

"At this rate we'll have to drop the deal."
"Nope, nobody is dropping any deal in my presence" Kirito closed the file.
"Pardon sir, but what are we supposed to do then?"
"I know of someone perfect for it." Kirito smirked.

Meanwhile, Vivian came out of the bath while rubbing her wet hair with a towel. She dropped herself on the bed and looked at the ceiling.

'I'll just be like this a while first then make dinner'

She lay there and fell asleep. About an hour later, Kirito entered the apartment and looked around.

"Hey, I'm hungry." He said while walking into the hallway but he got no reply. He found Vivian sleeping on his bed. Her hair was still half wet.

His eyebrows furrowed and he went towards her "Seriously, wake--" He paused and looked at her wet hair carefully. He picked up the half pink half blonde bunch of hair.

He quickly ran went to the bathroom and grabbed the diffuser. He dried the hair and combed them till their ends.

"This is," Kirito said as he looked at her hair which curled into pink blonde locks like a double helix "So pretty."

She opened her eyes slowly and looked at him. Then she got up suddenly "Hiomi--Welcome back home." She got from the bed "I didn't make dinner-- I'll just--"

"Wait" He grabbed her hand. She turned back and looked at him. He looked into her eyes.

'This is probably the first time I've seen you without braided hair' He thought as he blushed lightly.