Chapter 8 Change Anything

Kirito's phone started ringing and he stretched his arms towards it. Before he could answer the phone, it hung up. It was Vivian's call. He had 15 missed calls by her.He rubbed his eyes and got up from the bed. His head was hurting and he pressed his temples "I think I drank too much at the restaurant. Fuck, I forgot to go home."

He turned back and looked at Erika sleeping beside him. Then, he looked at his phone. It was 15 minutes past two in the morning. He got up and started dressing up. He fixed his hair and washed his face. He left Erika's place and ran towards his car. He started the car's engine and drove back home.

When he opened the door of the apartment, he noticed that it had not been locked.
"She hasn't locked the door yet? How irresponsible. Well, as if anyone would come here." He mumbled as he got in and locked the door.

He removed his coat while moving into the hall. The lights were still up. He got inside the dining room and found Vivian sitting on the chair, with her legs crossed. She was solving a puzzle with a coffee mug in her hands. He stared at her for a while.

"Vivian"
She looked up and smiled "Oh Hiomi, you're back. Welcome back home" She got up from the chair.
"Why aren't you asleep yet?" He asked.

"Well, I needed to cook you something. You've worked hard the whole day so you deserve some good food."
"I already ate. I'm tired-- I'm gonna sleep. You should sleep too." He walked towards the bedroom.

"Uh--I can cook you something light! Let's eat together."
"Goodnight"
She turned back and stared at all the ingredients she had prepared. The chopped vegetables, various kinds of oil and aromas.

"Well, I'll just cook these for breakfast" She kept the coffee cup into the sink and walked towards the bedroom. Kirito was fast asleep. She walked towards him and looked at him. She covered him with the blanket.

"Good work out there" She smiled.
Then, she got up and walked towards the sofa. She lay on the sofa and closed her eyes.

Like always, she didn't realize when she fell asleep and when morning hit.
"For the last time-- wake up!" Kirito shouted as he stood before her.

Vivian groaned and looked up at him. The morning sunlight was blinding. "Hiomi," She got up. She felt dizzy and hot.
"You didn't cook me breakfast"
"What time is it?"
"It's eight already."
"I'll just-"

"Nevermind. I'll go to work empty stomach."
"You can't skip breakfast!"
"Well, thanks to some lazy thot, I'll just skip it now"
"I'll pack you a bento--"

"I'll eat from the cafeteria." He wore his watch and looked down at her.
"Hey, don't you get tired of being such a disappointment everytime?" Vivian looked at the floor.

"I'll leave" He said and she heard the door shut.
"I made him angry again. And now he hates me. My head hurts..."
She heard the doorbell ring.

"Yeah wait a minute!" She ran towards the door. Aoi stood at the door. "Why are you here?"

"Well- Good morning?!" He shouted.
"Yeah yeah. Moin. What do you want?" She asked.
"Dad gave this to you" Aoi gave a small box to her.
"What is this?" She asked as she opened the box.

"It's our family crest. He wants you to wear this at all times as a sign of luck and prosperity." Aoi said. She took a small hair piece from the box. "It's beautiful. Say thanks to him from my side"

"Yeah whatever. I'll go now. I need to go to college"
"Did you have breakfast yet?"
"No, I'll go have it now."
"I'll cook you something"
"Can you cook?"

She started laughing and turned on the stove. She poured in the oil into the pan and started cooking. Aoi sat on the chair with his face resting upon his hands over the dining table. After a while, she brought a plate of Tortellini. Aoi looked at it and asked what it was.