Chapter 26 I Will Come To You

"Alright, Kirito didn't invite me home so I'll invite myself!" Kurosava said while standing in the lift. "I hope I don't disturb them in the middle of something"

Vivian sat on a chair near the dining table and wrote something on a piece of paper. She opened he fridge and suddenly, she heard the doorbell.

"Kirito's back" Vivian shouted as she ran towards the door. She opened it and all her excitement vanished away. "Yes?" She asked nervously. It was Kurosava, he looked at her in shock.
"Vivian!" He held both her hands together.
"Do I know you?" Vivian asked.

"No! But you will. You're prettier from upclose," He brought his face close to hers. She grew uncomfortable and moved away.
"I'm sorry. Bye." She closed the door but Kurosava held the door and made his way inside the apartment.

"Excuse me?!" Vivian stepped back.
"I came to meet Kirito. Is he home?" He asked.
"Oh! You're Kirito's friend?"
"Friends? I'm his uncle."

"I see. Nice to meet you, uncle. But I guess he'll be home late today. Sorry."
"Is that so?" Kurosava smiled "It's okay, I'll wait"
"Fine, if you want to."

Erika ranted about her troubles to Kirito as he looked at his drink while tapping his feet. Arata looked at him while cleaning the glass.  Kirito was in a different world. He just stared at the glass in front of him. He was in a daze.

'I said all that Erika but am I not the same? You're not there when I'm happy, but you make sure you're there when I'm not. And what am I doing? I am not there when you need me. I'm not with right now. You say that I am no longer alone. If I can no longer be alone, then so can't you!'

Kirito  got up from the chair while wearing his coat. He picked up his car keys and walked towards the door. Erika grabbed his hand.
"Where are you going?" Erika asked.

"I can't leave my woman in danger. I'm sorry." Kirito looked at her "I have to go"
"You're making a huge mistake" She shook her head. Kirito smirked.
"I don't make mistakes. I date them" He ran outside the bar. Arata smiled as he looked at him go.
"You're insane!" Erika shouted behind him.

'It's been a while since I felt so good' Arata said in his head.

Kirito drove through the streets with full speed, in a hurry to reach home.
'If love be insanity, then may I never find sanity again!'

Vivian peeled an apple as she stood inside the kitchen. Kurosava stared at her while sitting on the dining table. He got up and slowly moved towards her. She kept the apple on a plate and chopped it into small pieces. He stood behind her and looked over her shoulders.

"Do you want something, Mr Kurosava?" Vivian asked as she turned towards him. Her eyes met his and she quickly turned towards the plate again. He got closer to her as she moved away slowly. She could hear him breathe over her ears "You know" He whispered "Kirito isn't who you think he is"

"Mr Kurosava--"

He pressed his hands on her waist and leaned towards her. She was breathing quickly as she tried to get away.
"He hasn't touched you yet, has he?" He smiled as he pressed her on the table.
"What are you doing?!" Vivian asked "Something you'll love" He replied.

He brought his mouth closer to her neck and suddenly-- She pushed him away. She dropped the apple from her hand and ran towards the balcony door-- Which was the closest to her at that moment.

"I have a husband, if this is what you want then please go back home." She moved closer to the railings.
"But didn't you like it when I touched you?" Kurosava asked as he moved towards her. She shrivelled back until she was cornered by him and there was no space to escape.

He grabbed her hands and pushed her on the railings. She struggled as her eyes turned moist and fearful. She tried shouting for help, but she was so scared that her voice won't come out.

Kirito stopped the car and looked the balcony "Vivian!" He jumped out of the car and ran towards the building. He pressed the lift's button impatiently but the lift was slow to come down. He climbed the stairs at full speed as he couldn't waste another second. He reached the apartment and unlocked the door. He opened it and ran inside.

"You are mine!" Kurosava shouted as he tore off the sleeves of her frock .
Vivian looked at him hatefully "I only belong to one man-- Till the very end!" She kicked Kurosava in the stomach and he lost his grip over her hand. She went down the railings-- All through the thirty four floors.

"Vivian!" Kirito shouted as he ran towards the balcony and pushed Kurosava aside. He looked down.
She landed on the front glass of a car parked right below the balcony making a huge noise. Everyone came out to their balconies to look what had happened.

Kirito stared at her with his eyes wide open. Kurosava looked at him and smiled.
"She might not be dead! I should go help her get up! She needs me!" Kirito ran out of the apartment.

Vivian stared at the dark, night sky above her. She could hear footsteps but couldn't turn her neck to see who it was. Finally, he stood right beside her, wearing a black coat with a shining book in his hand.

'Jericho' She said in her mind.

"I can hear you" He said with a smile and opened the book. He took out a pen and wrote something above her name "Vivan Hiomi" He said "Age; 25 years, cause of death; haemorrhage. Dead on; 17th day in the month of October, 20XX. Happy 25 years" And he closed the book.

'What the hell are you saying, Jericho?'

"The name is Lucus- Jericho is more like a rental human body name" Jericho said as his hair became darker, a pretty peach color and his eyes turned grey. A black mark appeared on his face which read death.

"I am the winter angel of death-- I'm here to guide your soul" He smiled and sat on his knees.

'So am I dead now?'

"Death is nothing but going back home. Let's go home, shall we, Vivian?" 

'But what about Kirito?'

Vivian looked at Jericho and slowly closed her eyes. He pressed her head gently "You need to rest now. Your role is over"

- To be continued

My Heart Hates Me

My Heart Hates Me