Chapter 10 A Heart That's Empty

"Jericho, what are you?" Vivian asked.
"Currently, I'm a make up artist." He pressed the thread on her eyebrows.

"No, I mean--" Vivian shouted as he plucked out the hair.

"I'm dying!" She shouted as tears dropped from her eyes.
"Is it the first time you're getting your eyebrows done?" He asked but she had lost her sanity due to all the pain.

"Zero pain tolerance" He smirked.
"I have a lot of pain tolerance-- I don't need to hear the from you." She said.
he gave an evil smile and threw away the thread.

"Fine then. I'll wax it. We've got two hours till shoot. I should be done by then." He looked into his watch.
"Wax?" She said as he applied a hot, sticky, yellow fluid on her hands. He gave her a handkerchief.

"Stuff it in your mouth." He said.
"Why?"
"Just do it" She did as told while he pressed a tissue like paper over her hands. "Take deep breaths"

"I ain't pregnant" She said.
"Oh honey, you have no idea." He said with a smirk and pulled off paper swiftly. What followed after that was a supersonic high pitch shriek that filled the entire penthouse. The glass windows were almost shattered and everyone looked at the dressing room. There were more screeches heard, but in intervals.

"What is he doing?" Kirito asked.
'She sounds like she's been brutally fucked' Kirito wanted to laugh at his self made joke but he restrained from doing so.
"Don't worry. Leave it to Jericho. He's a professional." Mr Scruton assured Kirito who didn't care anyways.

Vivian was covered in sweat "Can we stop now?" She asked.
Jericho kept the wax kit aside "Now, I'll do your eyebrows."
"Will it hurt?"
"A lot"
"Skip it."
"It's okay. You're already hurting, a bit more won't make a difference." He said and those words hit her right where they shouldn't have.

"Do you think I deserve this pain?"
"Nah, nobody deserves pain. But they need it to make them hard-headed."
"That's a nice way to put it. By the way, Jericho, you don't look Japanese. Are you a foreigner too?" She asked as he did her eyebrows.

"Well, kind of."
"I'm from Germany. Where are you from?"
"Well, I'm from far away. I bet you haven't even heard the name of that place."
"Are you away from your family too?" She asked.

He looked at her and smiled
"Well, yeah"
"You must miss them, right?"
"Not really. We aren't that close"
"I see. I miss my parents a lot. I want to go back home once." She closed her eyes.

Jericho smiled "When the first snow hits the ground, your wish will come true"

'The smell of wet grass and fields. That sensation when you sleep not on a bed, but the grass. I can hear the bells of cows for far away. My cheek feels wet.' Vivan slowly opened her eyes and looked at the blue sky. A cow was eating her hair beside her ears.

She shouted as she got up. She looked around and saw other cows grazing throughout the green land.

"No way." She looked at the cow who was earlier chewing her hair. "Betty? I'm in Germany!" Betty mooed and hugged the cow. Then, she ran towards the trees barefoot.

"As I thought- The feeling of having grass beneath you is better than any magical stairs!" She ran down the fields to the lake she used to bath in. She jumped into the water and suddenly everything turned dark. A small snowflake moved towards her and melted as she touched it.

She was back into the dressing room, all by herself. She looked into the mirror. She looked perfect. Her hair was well done and her outfit was a long, light pink Japanese dress, decorated with white pearls- her pink hair decorated with pink flowers. And their ends curled. Her eyebrows were properly done and her lips looked fuller and glossy.