Chapter 15 Coincidence

Vivian wasn't expecting anyone in the bathroom at that moment. But, maybe she had forgotten about his shameless husband.

"Hiomi? Oh you're back already."
"Yeah unfortunately." He looked away. Vivan washed her hair into the running water under the tap.

"This makes a woman lose all her charms" He turned back and began moving. As he walked, he was suddenly pulled back. Vivian held his arm and looked at the floor.

"What?"
"What do you mean by lose her charms?" She asked with her gaze fixed at the floor. He grabbed her hair and pulled it down. He gave a half smirk "You can be a lion, and I'll still be water" He left her hair and went away. She quietly went back and stood under the shower.

"Well, whatever." She began rubbing her scalp again. Kirito sat on the sofa and looked into his phone. He seemed lost somewhere else in the middle of texting Erika.

'That hair'

"Hey Erika, let's meet up. I don't feel good." He texted.

Erika stood inside a club while talking a guy. He phone buzzed and she checked the message.
"Look, go die. I don't care!" She texted back as a guy held her waist "Who are you texting?" He asked.
"My boyfriend. I'll play a little hard to get and then forgive him. He must learn the lesson through this."

"You have a boyfriend?" He asked as he left her waist.
"Well, it's not that serious, we can still have our share of fun" She held his hand. He moved away "No thanks. I don't want to touch other people's property and get into unwanted trouble" He walked away and got mixed up in the crowd.

"Ugh! This is so annoying." She stomped her foot on the floor. Her eyes suddenly stopped at someone who was sitting near the table, having a drink. He had blonde her with blue highlights and seemed like a foreigner.

She fixed her makeup and dress as she walked towards him. She sat beside him and ordered a drink. Then, she looked at him. He immediately looked back at her. She smiled
"Hey,"
"Nah, not my type" He said in Japanese.
"What?"

"It's so gross and vulgar, bleh!" He looked at his drink and kept it aside.
"Oh, you shouldn't have drunk that. I know all the best drinks here."
"Really?" He turned towards her.

"Yes. I'll order one for you too." She pressed her palms on her face and looked at him as she bit her lips.

"That would be nice of you. I really don't know much about these alcoholic beverages they serve here" Erika laughed "My name is Erika, you?"
"My name is Jeroboam Hatsugu, you can call me Jericho."
"Are you a foreigner?"
"Well, yeah, kind of"

Soon, they received their drinks while they chatted. He examined the drink at first "What is this?" He asked.
"Just try it. I'll pay for your drinks tonight"
"You shouldn't say that, you'll regret it"
"We'll see"
"Are you sure? I'm being generous and giving you a chance to think"
"It's decided"
"Okay then" He chugged down the drink.

'That's it. It should show its effect within a few minutes' Erika thought.

"This is good, whatever it is. Can I get more of it?"
"Sure"
An hour passed and Jericho had finished four bottles of whisky while Erika could barely finish one.

"This is good." He licked his lips "Do you have a different flavor in this?"
"Certainly sir. We can make you another cocktail." The club boy said as he poured the drink into a glass full of ice.

'What the hell! He isn't drunk at all! I'm already beginning to feel hazy!' She thought as she looked at him chug down another glass. Her face was red and her vision was slightly blurry. Her head seemed to be spinning in all the music and noise. Then, she looked at his pants.

"Hey," She said.
He turned towards her "Are you okay?"
"Why aren't you hard?"
"You're drunk. You should go home."
"First you answer me!" She got up. She could barely stand on her heels so she removed them and threw them aside.

Jericho stood up and looked at her "Call someone and go back home."
She passed a cheque to the club boy. "How much?" She leaned towards him with a pen in her hands.

"¥75,000"

She filled in and gave it to him. Then she turned towards Jericho and grabbed his hand "You come with me!"
She pulled him into the crowd and pushed him on the wall. "What are you doing?" He asked.
"Now I've got you" She grabbed his face and kissed him on his lips.

Suddenly, she found herself in the middle of nowhere and suddenly felt like she was travelling in free space at a speed nearly that of light! She passed through various dimensions until she finally saw the universe condensed as a small like atom, she went through all the different galaxies and different parallel world's - where she saw herself bring killed in thousand different ways. Finally she entered the world where currently she was kissing Jericho and collided with herself.

She opened her eyes and moved away from him, tripping and falling in front of him. He looked at her as he brushed his lips with his sweater.His eyes seemed cold as they held the reflection of the sun. He leaned towards her "Are you okay?"

She still looked surprised and shocked. He smiled and sat on his toes in front of her.
"You shouldn't make any intense physical contact with me. Who knows next time you'll die for reals in a parallel world"

"What are you?" She asked.
"What do you think?"
"God?" She asked. He laughed and and pressed his index finger between her eyebrows. Suddenly, everything turned silent. She looked at him and then looked around. She was sitting on an empty street.

"You can't possibly give someone a status as high as that of God." He got up.
"Then, who are you?"
"Do you watch those moving pictures on a screen?" He asked.
"You mean movies? I do watch them"
"So to put it simply, if this were a "movie", I'd always be the bad guy"

"I can't understand anything you're saying."
"You will, eventually." He smiled sadly "And when you do, you'd wish we never met. And then, I'll fulfill it, when the first snow hits the ground, Erika. Try not to give up."
"Give up on what?"
"Life."

- To be continued

Makiri Erika
My Heart Hates Me