Chapter 65 Feathers To Fly Away

Everyone was shocked as they looked at Maya, who had magically bleached her hair from brunette to blonde.
"M- Maya?" Vivian was confused.
"Ethan was the first snow-- You're absolutely right, Death." Maya looked at Death.
"So, he is Life's first child?"
"Since death is represented by ice and life by snow-- I think you guessed it correctly."

"How did Margaret know it?"
"She was the second child-- Ethan's little sister. Unfortunately, she died but Ethan survived."
"How?"

"She secretly reincarnated him everytime he died, to a different foster parent."
"Parhi wasn't his real mother?"
"A surrogate mother is what we would call her."

"This is making my head spin."
"But you get it now, right? After the first snow hit the ground-- Everything fell into place."
"Yeah, it did."
She smiled.

Ethan looked at her with surprise. "It's you," He looked at her.
"Who is it?" Vivian asked.
"...The girl that saved me from drowning that day." Ethan said.

Maya moved towards Ethan "Do you know why you couldn't die after all those efforts?" She asked as she looked into his eyes "I saved you, everytime. I will do that today too." Her yellowish white wings stretched out from her back and her white key appeared on her neck.

"Who are you?" Vivian asked.
"Just like you are Death's blood, Ethan is my blood." She smiled as a white book appeared in her hand.

"The Bulosum--I knew it" Fate said. "Life," Lucus said.
She touched her fingers on her lips and then pressed them on Ethan's lips "Your heart has been true even in the most struggling periods of your life. This proves it. I still dwell in you." She smiled. Kirito's hair turned red and he had a white key on his neck.

Vivian's Antabulam began shining and as she opened it, Ethan's name disappeared. His soul was back into his body!

"But how?" Vivian looked at her.
"Seems like you've forgotten. Angels can't die, right Death?"
Lucus looked at Maya "No way,"

"Have you been well, my friends?" She looked at them. The 10 on her key turned to 11.
"What? Can't I break some rules?" She laughed.

"But how... Is your blood into Ethan?" Fate asked.
"Well...Just like Death. I made a kid with another angel in heaven, but because he was formerly human, our kid was a "half-human". Thank you for being kind to them Fate."

"So, Ethan's an angel too?" Vivian asked "The spring angel of Life is what you have with you." Maya smiled "I missed you, Death, Fate, my pals" She said and they all pressed their foreheads together. Their wings shone bright and so did their eyes.
"It's been like fifteen hundred years or so since we last met." Life said.

She moved away and looked at Ethan and Vivian "So, what's the plan, prez?" She smiled "Can I get a hug now or should I go practice more?"

Ethan went ahead and hugged Maya tightly "You are perfect. You don't need practice."
"Well, thank you. Finally, you believe me-- I told you I don't need practice."

"We have to go. The morning is setting in the mortal world." Fate said as she held her book "I need to bury his soul."
"Life," Ethan said "Do you grant wishes like Death too?"
"Yes. I do. What-- You're going to wish something from me?"
"Will you fulfill it?"
"What is it?"

When Fate reached the gates of hell,  she opened her book. Kurosava's soul came out of the book. He looked at the doors before him.
"Looks like this is the end," He smiled.
"Uncle," He heard a familiar voice and turned back.

It was Ethan. He had huge white wings on his back "... Why is everyone I know an angel?"
"We're good at keeping secrets." Ethan smiled.
"Too good actually. So, you can't die? Now I just feel like I wasted those nine years over nothing."
Ethan fell on his knees and bowed before Kurosava "What are you doing?"