Chapter 40 Ambiguity

"The graves have been loud" Fate said as Lucus sat beside her on a park bench, looking at birds feed on the pieces of bread. They sat there in their human form. Lucus had blonde hair while Fate had black hair.

"Yeah"
"Why don't you do something about it?"
"I don't want to."
"You make me wish I had more middle fingers, you cuntybollock!" Suddenly a foreigner stood in front of them.

"Excuse me, are you a couple? Can I click your picture? You look good" She said in English.
"Yes sure-"
"Go away. He and I ain't couple-- I hate his guts" Fate said in English.

"Oh! Sorry. Have a nice day." She bowed and walked away.
"Huh! I wish I could invoice people for wasting my time."
"Can't you be a bit friendly?"
"Havent you heard what mortals call me? Karma is a bitch."

"You actually mind what mortals call you? You're stupid"
"Yeah, you're rubbing off on me" She said. Lucus took a deep sigh "Oh God"

Kirito sat on the chair in the balcony, and looked at his reflection on the glass sliding door. His face was wet and so we're his bangs. He wore a white sweatshirt and blue pajamas. Vivian wore blue pajamas and a matching white sweatshirt. Vivian leaned towards him and gently applied a shaving gel on his face. He looked at her as she applied the gel.

"Now?" She asked as she picked up the razor.
"Shave in the direction the hair grows" He said.
"Not opposite to it?"
"No, that makes the hair stiff. And wash it after each swipe of the razor"
"Okay" She said as slowly began shaving the razor down his cheeks.

"Hey! This is easy!" She said as she dipped the razor in water and brought it out for another round. She got close to him as she shaved him and stood between his legs.

She focused all her attention on his skin and he did the same. Finally, when she was done, she took a wet towel and cleaned his face.
"Now?" She asked. "I'll apply the aftershave" He said as he took a small glass bottle from the small table beside them. "No! I'll do it!" She snatched it from him. She poured the liquid on her palms and gently patted it on his face.

He looked at her "This smells nice." She brought her nose close to his cheeks. He turned towards her and their eyes met. They both looked at each other and he brought his lips closer to hers.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang and Vivian turned towards the door. "Who could it be so early in the morning?" She moved towards the door. Kirito clicked his tongue and got up.

"Ma'am, a courier." The courier boy said.
"Oh! It's from Germany. Mom sent it." She looked at the address and ran inside the apartment with the packet.

Kirito walked towards the man "Sir, the stamp" Kirito took a pen from his pocket and signed the receipt. "Listen."
"Yes sir?"

"Nothing. Fuck you." He glared at him and slammed the door.

"Did I do something wrong?" The courier boy thought as he walked away.
"Mama sent it!" Vivian squealed with happiness and opened the packet. "What is it?" Kirito stood behind her.

"Cheese!" Vivian said and took a piece of the cheese "Taste some-- It's homemade."
Kirito leaned towards her fingers and took a bite of the cheese.

"Ow! You mistakenly bit my finger, idiot!" She said as he pulled her finger away. "It wasn't a mistake" Kirito said.

Vivian picked up the box and kept it inside the fridge. "You should get ready for office now, I'll cook breakfast"
"I don't wanna go today." He pressed his head on the table. "Stop lazing around! Quickly get ready"

"Okay," He slowly got up from the table. He crawled to the bathroom and took a bath. Then he ate his food and crawled out of the house.

"Hey wait!" Vivian shouted.
"You don't want me to go?"
"You haven't even dressed your hair-- And where's your tie? Plus, you're wearing bathroom slippers"