Chapter 58 I Have Inherited Him

Maya picked Ethan up on her back and walked towards his apartment. "You aren't heavy at all for a man, prez! Tell me your secret diet!" She stood in front of the apartment's door. "Is this it? 6556?" She asked as she looked at the door. He nodded. "What's the password?"
"The same number," He said. He seemed completely wasted.

"Dumb" She opened the door and walked inside "Wow!" She said as she looked at the mess "My house is the same after any breakup or after some makeup disaster!" She moved towards the bedroom and lay him on the bed.

She removed his wet shirt and threw it aside. He slept instantly. "It's so hot and suffocating here!" She opened the balcony door. "Much better" She removed her wet one piece and wore one of Ethan's shirt from his wardrobe. She looked at the lower section of the cupboard and found a woman's clothes.
"Prez! You're living with a girl!?" She exclaimed "And still your house is so dirty! You both must be lazy or she must be a diva." She buttoned her shirt and slept next to him.

"I'm sleeping beside a hot man after such a long time." She covered her smirk and got into the blanket. Lucus stood on the Tokyo Tower and looked at Vivian's Antabulam and then into his watch. "The time's coming near." The rain fell on his cheeks as he looked at the Antabulam.

"I messed up again," He said and Fate walked towards him "I don't want to kill more people. Can't we just stop everything?" He asked and Fate patted his shoulder.
"People die and leave behind memories which kill living people. Why can't mortals love only one person? Things would be so less complicated that way" He said. She gently took the Antabulam from him.

"Fate--"
"Death can't intervene, but Fate can." Her cheeks were wet too. Lucus smiled and looked at her "Will you?"
"I'm tired of seeing you this way. It hurts me when you're hurt"
"Are you crying?" He asked. The clouds rumbled and lightning covered the sky. She gave him a strong hit on his head with the book "Death is weeping over the death. What's there not to cry about?"

He hugged her tightly "We are all angels, yet we are so differen.t"

"You can't kill and I won't hesitate to," Fate said and moved away "Know it-- I'm a bitch so the ending won't be happy for everyone but the procedure would be painful for all" She flew up and he smiled at her.

"Quit crying!" He shouted at her "It's the rain"
"Yeah right. The rain doesn't taste salty" He licked his lips. She pressed her hands on her cheeks and blushed. "Those who make you cry, need to face me! I'll fix this mess you've created now." She flew up with full speed.

"I know you'll make it right, Fate. You always do--Every time I mess up. That's how strong you are." He stared at the sky "It surely is coming down a lot" Fate flew towards Ethan and Vivian's apartment. Vivian walked towards the terrace and stood in the rain with a knife in her hands.

"Lost the ability to die..." She said to herself "Lost my humanity, lost my career, my voice, lost the one I loved and lost myself in the strive of finding a better me." She slit the knife on her wrist. It felt as if it was burning as the rain fell on the wound.

The wound healed rapidly, leaving behind a scar. She slit it again "Remember Ethan, you asked me if I was happy. I said I was but you know what-- I lied" She slit her wrist again "I'm not happy. Because I lost. Where did I go wrong? I was so sure I could handle everything and here I am-- cutting myself!" She made another slit on her wrist and another and another and another.

"It isn't even hurting anymore!" She threw away the knife and looked at her healed wrist. Her life has turned so fabricated-- She was living for others while the people who really cared were dying. Her breath got heavier and difficult to inhale and exhale. She started wheezing and held her neck.