Chapter 1 - Run

He held her as close he could. No matter what he said the tears kept flowing down her face. He couldn't blame her; his face was just as wet with tears. He starred out at the huge hole in the middle of their dining room floor, where their parents were standing just 48 hours ago. She kept saying, "if we move, we'll die!" over and over. No one could save them, or the bomb that was beside them would go off.

But he heard voices, following footsteps.

"Help!" She screamed.

"Is there someone in there?" A man yelled from outside the door.

"Yes!"

The door burst open, and they both shut our eyes and braced themselves for the impact of the bomb. When it never came, They opened their eyes and realized they had disabled it. A man went over and lifted the bed above them and flipped it over.

"Don't worry, we're here to help you."

He could feel himself shaking. At first, he assumed it was just her, but then he realized, they were both shaking so bad they couldn't even stand. Another man came and picked her up, but she clung to her brother as tightly as she could. He sighed, grabbed both of them and carried them down to a hospital.

A woman sat across from them with her right leg crossed over her left. She had her hair in a tight bun on the top of her head and had a pad of paper in front of her.

"I'm just going to ask you a few questions, alright?" They nodded in unison. She was holding his hand under the table and he was running his thumb down her knuckles.

"What are your names?"

She opened her mouth, but nothing came out. She hung her head. He told her it was alright, and that he would answer for both of them.

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff," He said confidently, though he swore he felt his own voice crack.

"And how old are you both?"

"10"

"And how old is she?"

"10. We're twins."

"Ah, alright. Do you know where your parents are?"

"In the ground," Wanda whispered, lip trembling.

"Oh. I am so sorry."

"It's fine, go on." He tried to brush it off, to stay strong for Wanda but they both knew he was just as broken as she was.

"Alright, do you have anywhere to go?"

"Not really"

"Okay, I'll get you both signed up for an orphanage- "

"No!" They both screamed. She jumped at their sudden outburst and seemed appalled at their answer.

"What? Why not?" It was common knowledge that boys and girls were kept separate in the orphanage, and he wasn't planning on leaving her. All they had was each other and he wasn't losing her too. Wanda suddenly had quite a bit more courage.

"I am not leaving him." She stated.

"Well...where else would you go?"

"We'll be fine, thank you." He got up to leave but her gentle hands stopped them.

"We can figure something out- "

"No!" Wanda was angry now. A man came in with the paperwork for the orphanages and they ran out.

They ran until they realized they were going to come for them. They ducked behind some rubble on the side of the road.

"Okay...so what now?" Wanda asked, panting.

"Remember that old house that we played in every day after school? Mom and Dad said they didn't think there was anything there. Meaning, not many people would look there."

"We better get going then"

_________________

He sat up in bed. Or what they were calling a bed. He looked around. He was in a small shed with blankets surrounding him. His sister was curled up in a ball beside him, looking decently peaceful.

He had yet to tell her about his nightmares, he didn't want to worry her. But he was still afraid that one night he would wake up screaming as she does. Every so often she would scream in the middle of the night, scaring the life out of him. It would take a lot to wake her up, and when he did it took at least half an hour to calm her down. At least he didn't wake up in tears. He laid back down and fell asleep much quicker than anticipated.

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 is out! Really hope you enjoy it.

I know it might be a bit confusing, but I tried my best.

Please report any grammar mistakes to me if they are bothering you😊

-Harmony