Chapter 44 - Welcome Home

When Pietro's car finally pulled up to the compound, it was very late. He was too tired to even thank the driver when he got out.

"Hey!" Bucky was sitting in the living room when he got there. "How'd it go?"

"A lot better than expected," He plopped down on the couch. "You read the file?"

"I did. I'm sorry they sent you back there."

"It wasn't going back there that was the tough part," He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. "The Enhanced...I knew him. We were told he didn't survive the experiments, yet there he was. He went on about how we were Strucker's favorites, but he had the same abilities as me, so it wasn't fair, and how he was going to get revenge, etc. etc."

"I'd say I'm sorry again, but I know better," Pietro gave him a half-hearted smile.

"How is she?" He asked, sitting back.

"She's fine, I promise. She hasn't gotten stuck since you left, she ate a few times and she's asleep." Pietro smiled.

"Thank you,"

"No problem." He smiled. "You look exhausted, go get some rest." He nodded and stood up, walking down the hallway. He opened the door to Wanda's room, finding her curled up at the head of the bed. He smiled and walked over to her, closing the door beside him. He sat beside her, carefully taking her hand.

He hated leaving her, they had never been separated for very long. It was even worse now that she was hurt, now he missed her and was worrying about her. It had only been two days, but to him, it felt like much longer. When he wasn't worrying about have to kill old friends, he was worrying about her. Praying she wouldn't get stuck, and that she would eat. He had to talk himself out of calling every few hours, trying to focus on the mission. But he was back now, and he could be with her all day if he wanted to.

He sat with her for a while, until he fell asleep, leaning against the headboard.

---------------------------------------

Wanda sat up and rubbed her eyes. She turned to look out the window, stopping when she saw her brother next to her. She smiled and sat back, leaning on him. He didn't get up, just put an arm around her, making her laugh.

"I'm so glad you're back," She whispered, resting her head on his chest.

"Me too. I missed you," She sat up and turned to face him. "How are you feeling?"

"Better. You'll never guess what the kids at the park were doing yesterday," He laughed.

"I would try, but I have a feeling you're going to tell me anyway," He smirked.

"They were skipping stones! I didn't think people did that in America," He scoffed.

"I bet I could do better," She laughed.

"I believe you." There was a knock at the door, and Wanda slowly got up to answer it.

"Clint, you're back!" He chuckled as she hugged him.

"And so is the Roadrunner, I see," Pietro rolled his eyes and went to stand beside Wanda. "I've got to go train, just wanted to say 'hi'."

"Have fun!" Wanda teased, making Clint roll his eyes. She turned back to Pietro. "He went to visit his family while you were gone." He nodded. "You must be so tired"

"Not really."

"I don't believe you." He rolled his eyes. "Go back to sleep. It's not like I'm going anywhere."

"I'm fine, Wanda, really." She sighed and sat back on the bed. "Please believe-" There was a large bang from out in the living room. "Stay here," Pietro ran out to the living room, where Stark was storming off.

"What was that?" Steve turned around from where he was facing in the corner.

"Oh, hey, you're back..."

"What happened?" He demanded.

"Stark just shot the wall," He pointed a burn mark on the wall in front of him.

"Why?"

"He was just angry, that's all." Pietro gave him a skeptical look before running back to Wanda.

"What's wrong?" She was sitting on the floor, in a black tank top and red leggings.

"Stark was angry and shot a wall," Pietro said angrily. Wanda rolled her eyes.

"Of course he did," He narrowed his eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"They've been arguing for a while about some government thing, saying we have 'one more chance' before it happens,"

"What's 'it'?" She shrugged.

"I'm sure it doesn't matter,"

"Since when does something not matter to you?"

"Well, I'm curious, I always am, but Bucky and Steve said it isn't as big of a deal as Stark is making it."

"Alright. Well, I think they've stopped, and you need to eat." She rolled her eyes. "Come on,"

Nezáleží na tom...(It doesn't matter...)

______________________________

Hey guys! This story isn't really going anywhere anymore, so just bare with me here.

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony✨