Chapter 38 - Listen to me

The Captain called them to the meeting room as soon as they landed. Pietro ran the backpack to his room before catching up with Wanda on the way. He noticed her hands were shaking. He sighed and entwined his fingers with hers.

It'll be fine

You really need to stop saying that, it never is

When they got there, Natasha, Sam, Clint, and even Rhodey were already there, sitting at a table with Steve standing at the end, leaning on the table. He nodded at them as they sat down by Clint.

"Yesterday morning," He began, " a man named Karim Delano gained access to a lot of SHEILD weaponry systems. " The table lit up with a screen showing a man wearing all black, dark hair covering his face. "Apparently no one else wants to take him in, due to his previous achievements in taking down SHIELD agents. So naturally, the mission falls to us. We've located an abandoned building in Germany where SHIELD seems to think he's set up the weapons. We also believe his next target is a club in Berlin. We have yet to figure out why, but I honestly couldn't care less. We have a job to do and the details don't matter much. If we can't take him in, we already have the go-ahead to eliminate him."

"And if he eliminates us first?" Sam asked, "I mean, the number of weapons that he took, he could probably take us all out with the push of a button."

"That'd be suicidal. Depending on the weapon, he could blow the whole building" Natasha said.

"Depending on the weapon," Rhodey repeated, "I mean, we don't know what his motives are, for all we know, this could all be a set up to kill us. He might not mind going down with us."

"I never said this wouldn't be dangerous. This is our jobs. If we play this right, we all walk away" Steve told them. Wanda sat in silence, reading the files on the table.

"Do we have anything on what he took?" Natasha asked.

"Not a damn thing, Romanoff." Steve sighed. "Wheels up in one hour" The team stood up to go down to the training room for their equipment.

"Captain," Pietro stopped him, "Wanda will be staying here."

"What?"

"Wanda is staying here" He repeated.

"Why?"

"No, I can go" She cut in, "Pietro can't" Pietro rolled his eyes.

"Someone wanna explain what's happening?"

"Wanda had a dream" No one had noticed Clint had stayed behind. Steve sighed.

"Do you ever not dream?" Wanda's eyes flared. "Joke, joke," He said quickly.

"Okay, whoever isn't going, isn't going. But I'll leave you two to argue about that" Steve left to get ready.

"I'll leave you two to figure this out," Clint stood up and headed for the door, "Don't kill each other"

"Wanda, this is stupid. If you stay here, I don't have to kill anyone, and then I don't have to go wherever it is I'm going."

"How do you know that?"

"Okay, what if I stay here, k? And then they hurt you, and then I'm not there to kill them?"

"Then you'll stay!"

"And you'll be hurt!" She sighed and turned around. "Wanda, where will I go?"

"You'll be gone" Her voice cracked. He sighed in realization. She thought he was going to die again. "Please, you can't go"