Chapter 45 - The Mission

"Captain, I don't know if that's a good idea." Pietro was once again pacing in the living room, with Steve leaning against the counter.

"Cho said she could a week ago, at least I waited until you got back,"

"She's not strong enough." He shook his head.

"She is, you're just worried. And you would be if this happened before she was injured, too." Wanda came in with Bucky, laughing. They stopped when they saw Pietro pacing.

"Oh, what now," Bucky muttered as they went sat down.

"What's wrong?" Wanda asked.

"Wanda, we have a mission tomorrow and I'd like you to come." Pietro stopped and went to sit across from Wanda and Bucky.

"You don't want me to go, do you?" Pietro shook his head.

"Dr. Cho said you could a week ago, so I think it's fine," Steve said. Wanda looked back to Pietro, who was just looking down at his lap, messing with his hands. "It's more of a spy mission than a combat mission. We leave tomorrow afternoon." With that, he walked away.

"Spying is actually a lot of fun," Bucky said, ignoring the tension between the twins. "You don't have to do much" Wanda smiled.

"I'm going to go make some tea." She stood up and went over to the kitchen, starting the kettle. Pietro waited for a few minutes before getting up and going over to her.

"I can handle it, Pietro." She told him, without turning around.

"I know, you can handle it. But that doesn't mean I want you to." She sighed and turned to face him. "You were severely injured last time. What's stopping that from happening again?"

"You listening to me?" She turned away from him and poured the water into a mug. "I'll be fine, Pietro. Isn't that what you're always telling me? You'll be fine, it'll be fine."

"And isn't it?"

"Exactly! It's always fine. Why would this be any different?"

"Because this time, you are in harm's way." She rolled her eyes.

"Technically, I'm never not in harm's way."

"I don't have an answer to that." She smirked, turning around with her cup.

"I'll be fine."

V újmě...(In harm's way)

___________________________________

Hey guys! This one is reeeaaaalllllyyyy short, but I don't have much time and wanted a kind of transition chapter. Enjoy this short update!

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony✨