Chapter 4 - Stay Strong

The twins were put in ragged clothes and thrown into their cells. It was obvious these men weren't going to treat them very well. Pietro ran to the bars separating their cells as soon as he saw how hard they threw his sister.

"Wanda, are you okay!?"

"I'm fine. Although if this is how it's going to be for the next few years..."

"I'm not sure this was the best decision you've ever made."

"Our parents would be proud, Pietro."

"Stay strong, Sestra. Soon we will have the power we need to fight."

__________________

For the next few months, they were taken from their cells every morning, given a piece of bread and some water, and strapped to the chairs in the experimentation room. They were always taken at different times, so when Pietro was taken, all Wanda could do was worry, and vis versa. She knew how painful the tests were, and the thought of him in as much pain as she was in was...almost as unbearable as the tests themselves. Most of the tests were just a lot of needles injecting different serums into their fragile bodies. However, she soon realized these weren't the tests themselves. They were going to keep injecting this crap into them to strengthen their bodies for the real test.

Every day when she was thrown into her cell, Pietro would run to the bars in the middle and try and soothe her. She kept trying to assure him she was alright, but he knew it was a lie. They would only have a few minutes in between their experiments. They did have all night to sit and hold each other's hands through the bars, though.

After about two years, they were finally ready. They already felt as though they had been through hell, but the two were still nervous as ever. They clutched each other's hands through the bars all night, no matter how much Pietro wanted his sister to sleep. When morning came, Wanda was first to be lead to the experimentation room. Pietro gave her a concerned look.

"Stay strong." He whispered.

It was a different room, with a blue gem beside the chair. She gulped and sat down. All the sudden, the lights went out, and the gem glowed brighter than anything she had ever seen. Her whole body felt the energy, and all she could do was scream. She screamed and screamed until the pain became so unbearable, she just blacked out.

-----------------------------

This one is a bit short as well, but describing everything that happened while they were at HYDRA seemed like a dry few chapters so I just decided to speed it up. Hope it wasn't too bad. As always let me know what you think!

-Harmony✨