Chapter 24 - Not Much Different

"Great, you're back! Clint wouldn't let me watch Keeping up with the Kardashians without you" Sam, Clint and Natasha were sitting in the living room. They all laughed at Sam's impatience.

"Why don't you tell Clint what we did today?" Steve told Wanda as Pietro went to the kitchen. Clint turned to her as the others found the episode they were on.

"We went out to the city, just like we said we would" She giggled.

"And how did you like it?" Clint asked.

"Well, there were a lot of people, and they seemed to like running away before I could apologize for hitting them. But," she added when Pietro glared at her, "Steve brought my guitar, and I played in the street. And it didn't bother anyone, they liked it" She smiled.

"So it wasn't so bad?" He smirked.

"No, it wasn't so bad."

"Guy twin," Natasha called, "Get over here so we can start the show." He chuckled. He swore she knew their names, and just called them 'guy twin' and 'girl twin' to annoy them.

"You can start it." He told her as he cut up some pieces of cantaloupe he had found in the fridge. He went over and sat beside Wanda, handing her the bowl of fruit. She smiled at him and took it. Clint looked over at her expectantly. She took a deep breath before popping a piece into her mouth. He smiled at her before turning his attention back to the TV. She was getting better.

-------------------------------

Pietro woke up to his sister's voice that night. He looked around, but she wasn't there. He sighed when he realized she wasn't in his room, but he could hear her in her room. He got up and went to her room. She was sitting on the ground again, playing her guitar and singing quietly. He looked at the clock above her bed.

"Wanda," He said, tiredly. "It's almost one in the morning."

"Did I wake you?" She said softly, standing up and going over to him.

"Wanda, you need to sleep." He knew she afraid to, but he really needed her to rest.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how thick the walls were-"

"Wanda, I don't care about you waking me up. I care about the fact that you aren't sleeping." She looked down. "Come on." He grabbed her wrist and pulled her to the living room.

"Pietro-"

"Sit down." She sighed and sat down on the couch. Pietro went to the kitchen and made some hot chocolate. Their father used to make them hot chocolate whenever they couldn't sleep, most often during storms. He sat down beside her and placed the mug in her hands. She smiled down at it before taking a sip. He turned on the TV, to a random movie that was playing and looped his arm around her. It wasn't long before she was asleep, nestled into his side.

------------------------------

Clint walked into the kitchen early in the morning and started the coffee machine without even seeing the twins on the couch. He stood there and waited for it to finish, before taking his cup and walking over to the living room. He jumped when he saw them sitting there, dropping his cup. Wanda jolted awake at the sound of the shattering porcelain. Pietro quickly turned her to face him.

"Hey, hey," He said snapping his fingers in front of her face. She sat there, eyes darting around and breathing heavy as he tried to bring her back. When she finally seemed to be pulled back into reality, she leaned her head on his chest as he hugged her. Clint quickly cleaned up the floor and went to sit across from them.

"I'm so sorry, I should've seen you guys sitting there."

"It's fine, it's not your fault" Pietro assured him, rubbing her back.