Chapter 17 - Battle of Sokovia

They all boarded the jet and set off for Sokovia. The Maximoffs sat across from each other with cold looks on their faces. Wanda stared on the ground. The Captain gave a motivational speech that neither of them really cared for. When they landed, they were told to evacuate the city. Pietro ran into the police station.

"We're under attack! Clear the city, now!" When no one moved, he grabbed a machine gun, ran in again and fired at the ceiling. "Get off your asses."

Wanda stood out in the street and let her magic flow from her hands, finding the minds of everyone on the block. She smiled when her spell worked, and everyone started leaving their homes. She felt a bit bad, though, they didn't know why they were leaving. They just were.

Stark went to the church to find Ultron. Suddenly, an army of robots started emerging from the ground and started shooting things around the city. Wanda ran to the bridge as the team started fighting. The robots were trying to break it down.

"Get off the bridge!" She yelled, helping the people off. "Go!"

A robot pulled a gun from its arm and started firing. Wanda threw up a shield around the civilians. "Run!" She blocked a few shots but was distracted by the people. Her shield collapsed and she was thrown to the ground.

Pietro ran through the city, destroying robots as he went. A small group of them came out from beneath some cars, and he cracked his neck challengingly. He smirked as sped forward, destroying all of them.

The ground started cracking, and the city rose into the air. All Pietro could really do was try to stay up, and hope Wanda was deep enough in the city to be safe. Ultron started dramatically explaining what was happening, as Pietro looked around in confusion. Wanda was holding on to the side of a car, by Clint, looking up in fear.

Pietro took a deep breath and ran off, destroying more of Ultron's army. He was actually having fun with this. The thrill of running around destroying things. He stopped to catch his breath when the Captain started speaking through their earpieces.

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off."

Pietro took a final deep breath before running off again. Wanda was helping a boy into a building when a robot came flying at her. She threw up a barrier between them, throwing him into a building. She ducked, overwhelmed and afraid. Clint was shooting the robots around them when another group surrounded them. He grabbed Wanda and crashed through a window with her. She was breathing heavily and her eyes were darting around her. She couldn't seem to focus on anything.

"Hey hey, are you okay?" She heard Clint's voice but couldn't understand what he was saying.

"Hey! Look at me." He pulled her back to reality.

"How could I let this happen? This is all our fault..."

"Hey," Clint cut her off, "It's your fault, it' everyone's fault who cares? Are you up for this? Look, I just need to know cause, the city is flying. Okay, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots. And I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense. But, I'm going out there cause it's my job. Okay, and I can't do my job and babysit. It doesn't matter what you did, or what you were. If you go out there, you fight, and you fight to kill. If you stay in her you're good, I'll send your brother to come find you. But if you step out that door, you are an Avenger."

He got up and walked over to the door. "Yeah, the city is flying." He kicked the door open and ran out. Wanda thought for a minute, trying to catch her breath. She could stay in here, and Pietro would come get her. She would be alright. Then she thought about what Pietro told her back at the Tower. This is the perfect opportunity to get out of your comfort zone. Hide behind you.

She took a deep breath. "Umřu...(I'm gonna die)"

She stood up and threw the door open with her magic. She walked out and felt her eyes burn scarlet as she threw a hex at a robot. She turned to where she was holding it and ripped it in half, hitting two more with half of the first one. Then she drew more magic from where the first one lay on the ground and threw it, taking out a small group of robots.

Clint looked surprised for a moment before nodding in appreciation. She returned it.

"Alright, we're all clear here." He spoke into the comm. He waited a moment before saying, "Okay, coming to you."

Pietro ran past them, picking up Wanda as he went. "Keep up old man!"

He looked down at Wanda. "Doing okay?"

"I hate you." She breathed, making him chuckle.

"I'll take that as a yes." He ran out to where he had been running before and set his sister down.

"Hold your fire!" Then general yelled as the twins took over taking down the robots. Wanda threw hex beams at them as he ran around her, destroying them as he went. One-very annoying-soldier shot Pietro in the arm as he was running. He stopped to glare at the man while throwing his hands up in the air.

Suddenly, a large flying vehicle flew up to the city and started sending out lifeboats, to take everyone down safely. Pietro smirked.

"This is SHIELD?" He asked the Captain.

"This is what SHIELD is supposed to be."

"This is not so bad."

They started helping the civilians unto the boats to be taken back to the Helicarrier.

____________________

Hey guys! I am getting really upset and nothing has even happened yet lol. Sorry if this doesn't add up again, I think at this point I'm confusing myself.

Brace yourselves, my friends, the next chapter is gonna be a tough one.

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony