Chapter 31 - Guitar

Pietro made sure Bruce had left before taking Wanda inside. He didn't bother taking her to the medical ward, he knew she didn't want to see anyone. He cleaned up her arms himself, making sure to mark the bandages so she didn't think she was back at HYDRA. He left her in her room alone. Every few hours, he would try and talk to her, but she had locked the door and wouldn't let him in. He had explained to the team what had happened, and Tony said he would talk to Bruce. He had a reason to be angry, but he took it too far. The team went on with their lives, asking about Wanda every so often. They mostly just trained, trying to forget about what happened. Except for Bucky. He stayed in the living room, trying to talk to Wanda a few times. He thought it was absurd, that she just stayed in there. It had already been two days.

Pietro came back from training and thought it had been long enough. He took a quick shower before going back to Wanda's room. He knocked on the door, only to be told to go away.

"Wanda, it's just me. It's been two days, and you haven't let anyone even stand at the door and talk to you. You don't have to come out, just let me in." He pleaded. The door swung open, almost falling off the hinges. Wanda was laying on the ground. Not playing her guitar, not sleeping or reading. Just laying on her side, arms spread out in front of her. Pietro sighed, closed the door and went to sit beside her. "Why are you laying on the ground?" She shrugged. He pulled her arms until she was sitting up next to him, leaning on the end of the bed.

"You haven't been sleeping, have you?" She shook her head. "Will you at least eat?" She shook her head again. He sighed. "What do you want? I'll get you anything. You don't even have to come out." She shook her head. He stood up and went over to the door. "You will eat, now what do you want?" He said sternly. She shook her head. He let out a huff of annoyance and closed the door behind him. He heard the lock turn as he walked out to the kitchen.

"How did it go?" Bucky asked from the couch.

"Well, she let me in," Pietro said, taking some fruit from the fridge. "But she won't eat or sleep." Bucky sighed.

"You're making her eat aren't you?" He smirked.

"Of course." He cut up some cantaloupe, strawberries, and apples and threw them in a bowl. He started the kettle. "It doesn't have to be much." Pietro and Bucky talked for a few minutes while Pietro made some tea.

"Good luck," Bucky said as Pietro went down the hall to Wanda's room. He knocked again, but she didn't answer. Not even to tell him to go away.

"Wanda, I swear to God I will break this door down." He threatened. It swung open again, and she was back on the floor. Pietro sighed as he went to put the bowl of fruit and the tea on her desk. "Come on," He picked her up - not having the patience to try and convince her to get up herself - and sat her on the desk chair. She just stared at the fruit. "Eat," He told her, annoyed. She ate a few pieces, but wouldn't eat any more than that. She did drink the tea though. She always had at least one cup a day, and clearly didn't like going two days without.

"Better?" Pietro asked. She shook her head and laid back down on the floor. He crossed his arms over his chest. He knew there wasn't much else he could do for her at the moment, but if he didn't do anything he was certain she would stay in here forever. He decided to leave her laying there for a while.

--------------------------------

After a few hours, Pietro decided just to go for a run, and leave Wanda. When Pietro left, though, Bucky got up to go see her. When he knocked on the door, it swung open. Wanda was laying on the floor. Her eyes widened when she saw him, but she didn't move. She was expecting Pietro was coming to tell her to eat or sleep or come out.

"Hey," Bucky sat down beside her. "How're you doing?" She shook her head. He looked around for a moment, before getting up and taking her guitar from the stand. He sat back down next to her, leaning against the bed and started to play. He heard her exhale when he started and continued to play, song after song.

When Pietro came to check on her later, his eyes widened. The door was open, Bucky was sat on the ground, leaning against the bed, playing the guitar and beside him was Wanda, laying on the floor. He walked over to them and Bucky put the guitar down beside him. Pietro crouched by Wanda with wide eyes. She was asleep. They both smiled at each other. Bucky put the guitar back as Pietro lifted her onto the bed, putting a thin blanket over her.

When they got back to the living room, they plopped down across from each other.

"The guitar," Pietro stated. "All it took was that damn guitar." Bucky smiled.

"All it took was the damn guitar." He repeated. "Bet you didn't see that coming" They both laughed.

"No, I didn't."

Ta zatracená kytara... (That damn guitar)

__________________________

Hey guys! This one might be a little short, but it would have ended up being really long if I kept going.

Also, I know that Bruce isn't really the type of person to think Wanda disrespectful, but I imagine he would hold a bit of a grudge since she nearly got him arrested. Other than just saying he wasn't over it yet, I really didn't know what he would have said. So, he thought she was disrespectful.

I'm might publish another chapter tomorrow, but I won't be for a few days after that. Sorry, but I finally have something to do😂

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony✨