Chapter 26 - Friendly

Wanda was sitting out on the balcony with her guitar that night. Pietro went for a run around the property, and that would take forever, even for him. The rest of the team was downstairs training for a new mission they received this morning. Wanda didn't really want to train, nor did she think it was a good idea for her to help with missions. Steve insisted she went with them, even just to sit in the jet.

The wind was drowning out her soft singing, but she didn't mind. She didn't like to play for other people much and felt as though everyone could hear her when she wasn't in her room. Pietro wanted her to sit outside for a while, but she felt as though she shouldn't be. The guitar was helping her forget about it.

"That's beautiful," A voice behind her made her jump. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you," The Winter Soldier stood behind her, chuckling.

"Oh no, that's fine." She said hurriedly. "I just...thought everyone was downstairs."

"Yeah, everyone else is. I just don't want to go on the mission tomorrow."

"Me neither, but I don't have much of a choice." She muttered.

"Shouldn't you be training then?" He accused.

"No, no I'm not-" She took a deep breath. She should really learn to talk to strangers. "I'm not, participating. I'm just going to...not participate," She said slowly. He laughed.

"Why?"

"Well, Steve wants me to participate, and I think it would be too dangerous. It was a compromise." She shrugged.

"You think it would be dangerous?"

"I'm not worried about getting hurt, no, I'm afraid of hurting someone else." He laughed again.

"That's the name of the game, girl." She sighed, getting annoyed.

"Hurting someone on our side."

"Why would you do that?" He asked, seeming genuinely confused.

"Well...I'm not sure." He went out to sit next to her.

"If you're worried about your powers, I wouldn't be. I've seen the footage of Sokovia." She looked down.

"Well, that was different-"

"How?"

"Well..." She thought for a moment. "In Sokovia, I had to fight to fix the mistake I made. I had to fight for my home. Now, I don't really have much to fight for." He thought for a minute.

"Well, why don't you think of something to fight for?" It was her turn to look at him, confused. "Like..." He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Your brother"

"My brother?"

"Pretend your fighting for your brother."

"Well, I think that would upset me more than anything..."

"Okay," He thought again. "Fight for me." She thought about his statement.

"Why do you need me to fight for you?"

"So you have confidence." He said softly. She smiled at him.

"Okay." He smiled at her.

"Wanna play for me?" He asked, gesturing to the guitar.

"Mmmm not really" He laughed.

"Hraju pro tebe, pokud pro mě budeš hrát. (If you play for me, I'll play for you.)" She stared at him.

"You speak Sokovian?" She breathed.

"Girl, I'm an assassin. I speak tons of languages."

"I thought you weren't anymore?"