Chapter 3 - Strings attached

Pietro really wished Wanda had thought this through. The man looked insane. He was balding and had a monocle on his right eye. He sat down at a rickety wooden desk and gestured for the twins to sit across from him. Wanda was anxious but looked so sure of herself.

God this is already going bad.

"You two seem extremely angry at the Americans, no? After all, that was a protest against the Americans, and you were screaming louder than I've seen out there in a while."

Wanda looked over at her brother. "Not necessarily the Americans. Just one man. An American man."

"Care to share your motives?"

He spoke up before Wanda even opened her mouth. She had a habit of exaggerating. He explained everything that happened that night. In incredible detail, in fact. He was surprised himself.

"I can help you. It won't be easy. You'll undergo a series of experiments, to give you abilities. Enhance your senses, etc. I won't lie to you, it will be painful. I will have to separate you two as well."

He must have seen their faces - which probably showed the fact that that was a dealbreaker - because he quickly added, " I can have a set of bars separating your cells. You will be able to talk to each other that way."

She looked at Pietro again. She seemed hesitant but her eyes showed determination.

"We're in."

-------------------------------------

Sorry, this one was waaayyyy too short, but the next one will be up within the next few hours.

-Harmony✨