Chapter 23 - The City

Pietro woke up that night to a familiar scream. he jumped up and bolted to Wanda's room. She was sitting upright, with tears running down her cheeks and her hands covering her mouth. She was looking at the wall across from her with fear. He followed her gaze and saw a large mark on the wall, looking similar to a burn. He went over to the bed and sat down beside her.

"Wanda," He turned her so that she was facing him. "Whatever it was, it's gone. You were dreaming again." He said gently.

"I don't think you realize what I've done-" She said quickly.

"Wanda, you didn't do anything. We can fix it, it's just a mark." In all the years of her nightmares, he had never seen her so scared. She had never lost control in her sleep. "It'll be fine." He saw Clint walking quickly towards them and he sped out of the room, closing the door.

"Is she okay? What happened?"

"She's fine, she was just dreaming. I do suggest, though, not going in there,"

"Why not?"

"She's just...not calmed down yet." He said slowly.

"Okay..." He slowly turned around and walked back down the hall. Pietro took a deep breath and went back into Wanda's room. She was standing by the wall, running her hand over the mark she made. He walked over to her, and as he got closer he noticed she was shaking.

"Have I ever done this to you?" She whispered, her voice cracking.

"No, Wanda you have never hurt me." He told her. "I don't know what scared you so badly, but I've never seen you lose control in your sleep." He wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm so sorry." He sighed. He really couldn't think of anything he could tell her that he hadn't already.

"We can get it fixed, Wanda it'll be fine."

"I shouldn't be here."

"What? What the hell makes you think that?" He exclaimed.

"I've only been here a week and I've already lost control-"

"You weren't even awake! That isn't your fault." She took a deep breath and rested her head on his chest. When she calmed down a bit, he led her back over to the bed and put a blanket over her.

"Just get some rest, okay? I promise you'll be fine." He sat beside her as she clutched his hand. He stayed with her for the rest of the night, not feeling quite tired enough to get more sleep himself.

-------------------------------

Wanda was woken up by the sunlight streaming through her window, her head pounding. She groggily got up, took a shower and put on a black dress. She decided she didn't want to go out and face the others, so instead, she would sit on the bed with her guitar for a while. But when she went to take it off the stand, she noticed a silver laptop on the desk by the window. She smiled and opened it. There was already a program on it with over 200 songs. She sat down with it on the floor.

Pietro got up from where he was sitting at the bar to go wake Wanda. What he saw when he walked into her room, though, made him stop and smile. His sister was on the ground with her guitar, sitting in front of a laptop, playing and singing.

"Having fun, there?" He smirked. She turned to him with a smile on her face.

"As a matter of fact, I am. I've learned a new song today." She grinned proudly.

"Play for me?" He asked sitting on the corner of the bed. She closed the laptop so she couldn't look at the notes before looking down and slowly going through the song. Pietro smiled at her happy expression.