Chapter 19 - Broken

She felt the bullets before she realized what had happened. Wanda shrieked as she felt her body burn. She heard her brother's voice in her head.

You'll be okay Wanda

What are you talking about?

I love you, Sestra

Her breath hitched. The pain. His pain. He was gone. She felt his presence leave her body. She felt her heart shatter and screamed until she couldn't breathe. She felt herself lose control over her magic as she fell to the ground. She sat there, barely able to breathe. It just hadn't sunk in yet. He was supposed to be careful. He wasn't supposed to leave her. Ultron.

She jumped up and stormed over to the train she heard him crash into. She walked through a hole in the side, playing with her magic tauntingly. Her eyes shone scarlet.

"Wanda," The robot said softly, "If you stay here, you'll die." She almost laughed at his fake concern.

"I just did." She told him bitterly. "Do you know how it felt?"

She raised her hand and watched as her magic tore his artificial heart from his chest.

"It felt like that."

And then the city fell. She rose up in the air as her home dropped from the sky.

I'm coming, Bratr.

But much to her annoyance, the Vision flew into the train, grabbed her and flew back to the lifeboats. He set her down in a room on the Helicarrier and flew away. She sat there, panting. She couldn't register what was happening. The last person she loved and trusted in this world was gone. He promised he would never leave her. She thought back to their conversation in the church.

I'm not going to leave you here

I can handle this

You know, I'm twelve minutes older than you

Go

I'm proud of you, Wanda

He didn't want to leave her, and she told him to go. "I didn't mean forever..." She whispered. The Captain came in, and she pushed herself further into the corner. He was afraid of her, and she knew it. They all were. Pietro was the only one who wasn't. Now, the whole world feared her. What a way to live.

"Wanda?" She stood and walked over to him.

"Captain, where is my brother?"

"He's actually..."

"Gone. I know," She heard her voice crack. "That wasn't the question."

"He's on one of the boats-"

"Where. I asked you where."

"Uh, down that hall. But-" She stormed out of the room, hurrying down said hall. There were rows of boats where people were hurrying off of, into the new Avengers facility. She found Clint lifting her brother off the ground, probably taking him outside with the rest of the bodies.

"Set him down." She knew her eyes were red but she didn't much care.

"Wanda-"

"Put him down." He set him carefully on the ground and she kneeled beside him. "You said you wouldn't leave me, and I told you not to make promises you couldn't keep." She took a deep breath, wary of Clint still standing there. "You broke a promise. You proved me right. You said once, that as a brother, you could never let me be right. So now you have to come back." She stated.

"Vrať se prosím (Come back, please)" She begged. She felt a familiar feeling in her head. She smiled.

"Take him to a doctor." She ordered.

"Wanda, I'm sorry-"

"Don't. If he doesn't get help soon he will die. If he dies, how will you live with yourself?" She immediately felt the guilt after she realized what she said. She wasn't good at realizing things today.

Clint looked taken aback. "I...what?"

"He's alive, Clint. Please help me keep him that way." Her voice went from cold to soft. He sighed and picked him up again. She followed Clint through the facility to the medical ward, where he set Pietro down on a bed and went to find Dr. Cho. When she walked in, she stopped in her tracks. "You..."

"I know, and I'm sorry. You can hate me, I don't care. But hate me after you save my brother."

Cho looked at Pietro skeptically but started hooking him up to various cords. She started ordering her doctors around, and they cut off his shirt, inspecting the wounds. They stood in silence until the heart monitor beeped. They shared a look and ran around frantically, getting Helen her tools for surgery. She ordered Clint and Wanda out but she didn't move. The doctor sighed and got to work removing the bullets. Wanda spotted a shadow in the corner and went over. She sat with her arms around her knees and thought for a moment. Ever since the bombings, she made a promise to herself that she wouldn't cry anymore. She broke it during the experiments but hadn't cried since. Her brother was almost dead. The doctors might not be able to save him.

She let herself cry.

___________________________________

Hey guys! Again, it's pretty short but I am (no joke) balling.

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony✨