Chapter 42 - Calling

"You should eat." Bucky, Steve, Natasha, Tony, and Wanda were sitting in the living room. Steve and Tony were arguing about a meeting they were supposed to be having next week. Wanda sat at the end of the couch, her legs draped over Bucky's lap.

"No, that's okay. I'll eat later." Wanda said, not looking up from the book she was reading.

"I'm holding you to that."

"Okay, you hold me to that."

"Do you want them to just shut us down?!" Tony yelled.

"They won't! We aren't a threat to the world, if anything, we're kinda saving it!" Steve yelled back.

"Okay, you children have fun." Natasha got up and left the room.

"What is it you think they're gonna do?" Steve asked.

"Oh, I don't know, lock us up?!"

"Can you guys, like, not yell?" Bucky asked when he saw Wanda wince.

"I'm going to tinker. This isn't over." Tony called over his shoulder on his way to the lab.

"I'm sorry, Wanda."

"It's okay" Steve sighed and left, probably to train. Bucky reached over and took the book from Wanda's hand, earning a glare.

"How are you feeling?"

"Quite fine, considering," She told him, trying to get her book back.

"How 'bout we go for a walk?" She sat back and raised an eyebrow at him. "We can bring a wheelchair."

"I don't know if-"

"Great! I'll go find one." Wanda rolled her eyes as Bucky left the room. The phone on the couch beside her started to ring. She looked down at it, confused. She knew it was Bucky's, but who would be calling? She thought for a moment before answering.

"Hello?" She said quietly.

"Hey," Her eyes widened when she heard her brother's voice.

"Why...why are you calling?"

"I wanted to see how you were feeling."

"You're supposed to be on a mission." She said quickly.

"I am."

"Well, you should be focusing on-"

"Wanda, I'm fine. I'm staying at a hotel."

"Okay, well why did you call Bucky?"

"I thought you might be sleeping. And you never use your phone anyway. Why are you answering for Bucky?"

"He went to go find me a wheelchair."

"A wheelchair? What happened?" He asked quickly.

"No, no, I'm fine. We were just going for a walk."

"Oh, well that'll be good for you."

"Look, I'm glad you called but you should be focusing on your mission." She could practically hear him rolling his eyes.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Be careful."

"I love you."

"Hey, who was that?" Bucky asked, coming in with a wheelchair.

"Pietro." She frowned. "He shouldn't have called. What if-"

"I'm sure he'll be fine. Come on, it's supposed to rain later."

______________________________

Hey guys! This one is like, two sentences lol. I just wanted to get another chapter up so there wasn't too big of a time skip.

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony