Chapter 46 - The Mistake

"All right. What do you see?"

Wanda sat in a coffee shop in Nigeria. They were waiting for an old enemy of the Captain. Sam was on the roof, Natasha a few tables away and Steve in a nearby apartment building.

"Standard beat cops. A small station, quiet street. It's a good target."

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means..."

"Cameras." Wanda nodded.

"Both cross streets are one way," The Captain told her.

"So compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. Isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out." He said. "See that Range Rover halfway across the block?"

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof." Natasha interrupted over the comms. "Which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody - probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda quipped.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature."

"Anyone ever tell you you're a bit paranoid?" Sam teased.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"

"Eyes on target, folks," Steve said sternly. Wanda felt herself zoning out when the Captain said, "Go now!"

"What?"

"He's not hitting the police." They ran outside, Steve shouting orders. "Wanda! Just like we practiced."

"What about the gas?" Wanda asked, still confused. 

"Get it out." She shook her head and raised her hands, her red mist circling Steve and raising him to a window. She turned around and kept the citizens back until Sam called her to a bridge. She flew up and over the bridge, landing in front of a heavily armored man. She blocked the bullets he sent her way, trapping him a layer of scarlet. "Sam," She called, spinning around and flinging the man at him.

"Four," Sam announced. Everyone continued with their tasks, but no one told her to do anything. She kept the people out of harm until she heard a loud tick. She whirled around, barely catching the man in front of Steve arming a bomb on his vest. 

She threw her magic around him, struggling to keep the impact inside. Without thinking, she let her magic go as the man was flung up to the building. She sank to her knees, seeing the destruction she caused. The team set to work, calling Fire and Rescue and fixing as much of the damage as they could.

---------------------------------------------

Pietro had been worried all day. Pacing the living room, kitchen, his room, and even his sister's room. But when Bucky turned on the TV, he stopped. 

"Ó můj bože...(Oh my god...)"

---------------------------------------------

"Wanda?"

"Hm?"

"None of this is-"

"My fault?" She turned away from the TV to look at her brother, almost smiling at his concerned expression. "It would seem that nobody else agrees."  She said softly, turning back to the TV.

"Wanda, please don't let this tear you apart. You killed hundreds, well you saved hundreds more. You can't save everyone." The TV turned off, and they both turned to look at Steve, who was standing in the doorway.

"It's my fault," She stated.

"That's not true," He chided.

"Turn the TV back on," She sighed. "They're being very specific." 

Pietro looked between his sister and the Captain, feeling utterly helpless. "Wanda-"

"I thought I could-"

"You did-"

"I hurt people."

"You also saved my life." Steve cut in. "And countless civilians. You saw when they broke into that building, chances are most of the people in there were already dead."

Wanda seemed to consider this for a moment. She took a breath as if to say something, but was interrupted by a certain android phasing through the wall. "Vis!" She shrieked. "We talked about this,"

"Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that..." He stopped himself from rambling further, clearing his throat. "Mr. Stark would like me to inform Captain Rogers that we have a guest."

"I'll be right down." Steve said.

"I'll, um, use the door," Wanda almost laughed at the confused android.

"Any idea who it is?" Vision stopped at the door.

"The secretary of state." Silence filled the room as he left, Wanda kept her head down and held her breath.

"Wanda-"

"We should go." She said sharply, cutting her brother off.

Není tvoje chyba.... (Not your fault)

_____________________________________

Hey guys! I know it's been a while, I've been going through some stuff and I really lack motivation. I'm gonna start a Supernatural one-shots book eventually, let me know if they're are any SPN fans here. And let me know what existing books you want updated.

(I am aware I got some of the quotes wrong, but screw it, it's my book)

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony✨