Chapter 11 - Recruits

The twins were able to escape the base before the Avengers noticed. Pietro brought them out to the market. They walked around for a while, enjoying the fresh air. Pietro was stealing things to give to pretty girls. Wanda watched as he gave a woman a dress. She scoffed and walked past them.

"Is every girl in Sokovia getting a dress from Paris? At least Gertle's looked warm."

Pietro glared after her before turning back to the women who gave him an accusing look.

"She's kidding." He assured her before running to catch up with his sister. "You're jealous you're not getting a dress."

"If you keep stealing you're going to get shot." She retorted, annoyed. Her gaze turned angry when he scoffed. "I mean it. At speed, nothing can touch you, but standing still-"

"You think I want to be?" He cut her off angrily. "You said wait, I'm waiting. I don't know for what. We had Stark helpless. All these years and you-"

"Costlel!" The women ran up to grab her son, who was walking towards them.

"The man's looking for you." He told them, "In the church."

"What man?" Wada said skeptically.

"Iron Man." The kid stated before walking off with his mother. Wanda looked up at Pietro. He jerked his head toward the church, and they walked off.

----------------------

"Talk. And if you are wasting our time-" Wanda was cut off by a man sitting in a chair in the middle of the chapel.

"Did you know this church is in the exact center of the city? The elders decreed it so everyone could be equally close to God. I like that. The geometry of belief." He paused for a moment. "You're wondering why you can't look inside my head."

"Sometimes it's hard," Wanda stated. The red in her eyes faded as she gave up trying. "But sooner or later every man shows himself."

"I'm sure they do." He stood up, revealing a giant metal man. A robot. Pietro looked to his sister, who took a step back. "But you needed more than a man. That's why you let Stark take the scepter.

Wanda seemed to have composed herself. "I didn't expect..." She trailed off. "But I saw Stark's fear. I knew it would control him. Make him self-destruct."

"Yes, well. Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war, invaders create Avengers, people create...smaller people?" He looked thoughtful for a second, "Children! I forgot the word there, children. Designed to supplant them, to help them...end."

What is this guy getting at?

"Is that why you've come?" Wanda asked, "To end the Avengers?"

"I've come to save the world." He said dramatically, "But also...yeah."

----------------------

The robot led them back to their old HYDRA lab, where multiple smaller robots were milling around.

"This is a start, but there is something we need to begin the real work."

"All of these are..." Wanda asked curiously.

"Me. See, I have what the Avengers will never have: Harmony. They're discordant, disconnected. Stark already has them turning on each other, and when you get into the rest of their heads..."

"Everyone's plan is not to kill them." Pietro butted in.

"And make them martyrs? You need patience. Need to see the big picture."

"I don't see the big picture," Pietro responded darkly, "I have a little picture. I take it out and look at it, every day."

"You lost your family in the bombings, I've seen the records-"

"The records are not the picture."

"Pietro..." He could see Wanda getting upset.

"No, please." The robot encouraged. Pietro looked over at Wanda, whose face had gone cold.

"We were ten years old. Having dinner the four of us. The first shell hits two floors below and makes a hole in the floor. It was big. Our parents go in. The whole building starts coming apart. I grab her, roll under the bed and the second shell hits. But, it doesn't go off."He saw Wanda bite her lip but continued on. "It just...sits in the rubble. Three feet from our faces. And on the side of the shell, is painted one word-"

"Stark" Wanda's eyes flashed red.

"We were trapped for two days" He added.

"Every effort, to save us, every shift in the bricks, I think: This will set it off. We wait for two days, for Tony Stark, to kill us."

"We know what they are" Pietro concluded.

"I wondered why only you two survived Strucker's experiments. Now I don't. We will make it right. You and I can hurt them," He said, gesturing to Pietro, "But you. Will tear them apart. From the inside." The robot put his hand up to Wanda's face as he said it, and for a moment Pietro thought he was going to hurt her. But he walked away without another word.

Pietro walked over to her and took her hand. "Co myslíš? (What do you think?)" She sighed.

"Nejsem si jistý. (I'm not sure.)"

"Budeme bojovat. (We will fight.)" Pietro said confidently.

"Budeme bojovat...."

_________________________

I updated twice in one day, I'm on a roll!

Hey guys, I'm really sorry if this chapter sucked. Again, I'm trying to stick with the plot of the actual movie, with some added conversations (like the one at the end of this chapter) that might have happened off-screen, maybe?

The first part is actually a deleted scene from the movie that I thought made sense to my storyline, too.😅

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony