Chapter 2 - Choices

She woke up the same as she did every day; at least an hour before her brother.

She wakes up and she thinks. She does a lot of thinking, probably a lot more than most people should. But one topic is constantly on her mind. Stark. The side of the shell that destroyed their apartment and killed their parents read "Stark Industries". The same kind of shell that destroyed half their country and killed half of their population. They had participated in some of the riots that go on around the borders but haven't done anything else.

She really wanted to get back at Tony Stark, the one who ruined her life forever. But what could she possibly do? She thought about it a lot. But if she was given the choice to make a difference, would she? Her parents always told her the toughest choices are always to most important choices. Maybe that's why she thought so much about it. She was mentally preparing herself for the toughest choice, that she knew was bound to come.

"Wanda?"

"Hmm?" Pietro's voice brought her out of her thoughts...for now.

"What's all that noise?"

She had been thinking for so long, she didn't realize all the shouting that was going on outside.

"I'm not sure..."

Pietro carefully poked his head out the door and sighed.

"Another protest."

The riots were kinda fun when you watch it. But being apart of it made her feel like she was making a difference. However small.

"Let's go then!"

"Wanda are you sure- "

"Come on!"

The two pushed their way through the crowd until they could see what the fuss is about. The Americans. They pushed until they were at the very front of the crowd screaming and shouting. They were in front of a building made of what looked like steel. A man walks out of the big metal doors and starts shouting for the crowd to quiet down.

Then it was quiet. They were now just a big group of people standing in the middle of the street. He starting speaking and everyone listened intently.

"I know why you're here. You're all against the Americans. Most of you have lost something to them. Want revenge. Others just want to see their empire fall. We've been getting their leftover food and minerals for decades. I think it's time we take a stand."

The crowd started shouting again, this time in agreement. She looked at her brother, vengeance filling her eyes. "This is our chance," She whispered. "This is the choice our parents were preparing us for."

Pietro grabbed her hand and shook his head. "Sestra, please. Think this through."

"I've thought about nothing else. Every day of every week of every month of every year." She stated, getting frustrated. "This is our chance! I'm going and I'm not going without you."

He looked defeated. "This could end horribly." He sighed.

"But it could also end spectacularly."

The man raised his arms in motion for silence. He looked around the crowd, eyes stopping as he saw the twins.

"I will take a few people at a time for a little chat about this. We have a way to fight back but this is not for the faint of heart, let me assure you." He pointed at them and gestured for them to follow him inside. Wanda took a deep breath.

She's made her choice.

----------------------------

Sorry if it didn't make much sense again. I know it always makes sense in my mind but I also know I have to be able to describe it to you well enough for you to make sense of it. Let me know what you thought!

-Harmony