Chapter 16~Consequence

{Dianne's POV}

Where was everyone? As I was thinking that , Joe turned the corner with Eponiné in his arms. I ran up to them, I gave Joe a heartfelt kiss. He held me tightly in his arms and let Eponiné go so she'd fall into my arms. I quietly said to Eponiné.
D-"Are you ok"
E-"Yeah don't let Joe go, I really like him he better be here to stay"
I laughed and Eponiné joined in we both looked up at Joe. Eponiné held out her olive hands so Joe would pick her up and take her out of my arms.
He picked her up and lifted her above his head, she laughed. Eponiné hadn't laughed in such a long time nor had she let anyone hold her or even make her laugh. Joe was definitely special. Even Eponiné liked him. Macklynn was still in questioning with Adisha. I know I didn't want my worlds to collide but maybe it was for the better that they did.
Macklynn was cuddled into Adisha as they walked down the corridor towards us. She was probably nervous about how we'd all react. I didn't feel mad for some reason maybe that's because Joe wasn't mad or at least he didn't show it. Macklynn was crying, for once I didn't know what to do. Joe put Eponiné down so she was stood between us. Aidisha whispered something to Macklynn the she came and stood in front of us all. She was still in floods of tears and could hardly get her words out.

M-"I'm so ... sorry ... I didn't know ... I wanted to protect you ... I'm sorry Joe"
J-"Hey it's ok" Joe bent down so he was at eye level with Macklynn. Macklynn fell into Joe's arms as he picked her up, still holding her tightly. She cried into his shoulder.
J-"You don't need to cry everything is ok"
M-"No it's not I made a mess"
J-"Yes but everyone makes mistakes and in this mistake no one was harmed"
M-"Yes they were I hurt people's feelings"
J-"Look around is anyone else crying"
Macklynn looked around desperately hoping that she saw no one hurt and Joe was right no one around her was crying or nearly in tears.
M-"I'm still sorry"
J-"I know you are and because you've said sorry I forgive you"
M-"Thank you"
J-"Now do you want to say sorry to Dianne as well"
Macklynn moved her head slightly over Joe's shoulder so I could only see her eyes. She quickly shook her head as she made eye contact with me.
J-"Well you will have to at some point"
M-"I know are the police men going to leave"
J-"Yeah there just packing up everything now do you wanna go watch some tv"
Macklynn noded her head, they went and sat on the sofa. Wow he handled that well. Macklynn was cuddled into Joe to scared to let go. I walked over to Adisha with Eponiné in my arms.
A-"He handled that well"
D-"I know"
A-"I was not expecting that"
D-"Neither was i I thought there would be more anger but I guess I was wrong"
A-"I surprised the girls trust him so soon"
D-"Yeah but there's something about him that just makes you feel at ease and like you'll always find your way back home even when your really lost"
A-"I mean Macklynns normally super protective and Eponiné is normally super shy"
D-"Yeah"
I put Eponiné down and she runs over to Joe and Macklynn she sits on the other side of him. Macklynn and Eponiné were both snuggled into Joe. All of the most important people to me on one sofa, I would never get tired of seeing that.
D-"Let's go talk in the kitchen"

Time Skip- 1 Hour later

The police had all gone by now and Adisha was about to leave.
A-"Before I leave I want to have a quick word with Joe"
D-"Ok if your sure"
Me and Adisha walked back to where we left Joe, Eponiné and Macklynn. Macklynn and Eponiné has fallen asleep on Joe so I whispered quietly to him.
D-"Adisha wants to have a word with you"
J-"Ok what about"
D-"I have no clue"
Joe slowly lifted the girls off of him and walked over to Adisha and they started talking.

{Adisha's POV}

Joe walked over and we started to talk.
J-"You wanted to talk to me"
A-"Yeah"
J-"..."
A-"I just wanted to say the way you handled everything today was rather remarkable"
J-"Thanks"
A-"Most people would of ran"
J-"Yeah well I love Dianne and if to be with Dianne I also have to love and care for the two little ones then so be it"
I smiled.
A-"Joe I really like you, your so good for Dianne and the girls, Dianne really loves you, ya know"
J-"Well I love her"
I nod as I touch Joe's shoulder letting him know he has my approval. I walk off and as I walk past Dianne I quietly say to her.
A-"You've picked a good one there D, don't let him go"
Dianne smirked then turned back to Joe. She walked over to him and gave him a kiss. I smiled at them then opened the door and left. I'm so proud of both of them. Dianne has let Joe in to her life which was always hard for her to do, and Joe has handled it so well. Normally the men would run or shout and hurt the girls but not Joe. He cares about all of them so much even though he has only just met Macklynn and Eponiné. Wow what a guy.

{Dianne's POV}

Joe really was everything I needed and more. How I got so lucky I have no clue, but fate is fate. I was so pleased that the girls accepted Joe and even liked him and his company. They normally hate new people or just dislike people in general but Joe they seemed to like straight away. I supposed he made us all so calm and he made us feel like we have no problems and if we do they can easily be solved. I really did love Joe.

Please comment any suggestions you have x