39

"Uraraka is KO'd. katsuki Bakugo advances to the next round" the booming voice of Midnight could be heard in the empty halls. My feet stopped walking as I stood next to the stairway, steps of someone walking up stops as well.

"Even though the outcome was obvious, I think she pulled a few tricks that made it more interesting" I say as I turn my head to see Katsuki walking up the stairs.

"Whatever brat." He says as he clicks his tongue at me, I rolled my eyes and turned to him.

"Is your... hand okay..?" I asked as I move to walk close to him but he started moving up the stairs till he stood in front of me.

"My hand has always been okay." He says as he stood there, towering over me. He was significantly taller then me- even if he is slouching. Even though he was keeping his cool, I could see in his eyes that he was confused and wondering how I knew. "Now get out of my-"

I grab a hold of his left hand and he winces at the touch, he tried to pull away but I used my free hand to grab his wrist to keep him from moving. "Yeah. You're hand is doing just fine" I say in a mocking voice as I groan in annoyance, "now stay still."

"Don't tell me wh-"

"I said stay still!" I barked at him and he stops talking, staring down at me in anger. I close my hands and place my right hand across his own. "You popped a vain- that explosion basically literally exploded one of your veins." My eyes looked up at him and let out a sigh, "though you've probably done this before and you turned out to be okay- after you give it some time to heal" he scowls at me and I chuckle, "you should have Recovery girl patch you up"

"How can you even tell so easily?" He asked as he stared down at me. "How did you know I hurt my hand?"

"What do you mean? It was obvious" he then hits my hand away from his.

"I don't know what your deal is but if you think doing all these things will make up for what you did you're wrong. Yelling out while I was fighting round face, I didn't need your help" he moves to walk passed me, "and anyways that was where I was heading"

"You're going the wrong direction then" I say with a huff and a tick mark appears on his head.

"Shut up you damn nerd" he growls as he turns around to walk back down the stairs.

"Hey katsuki" I call out which makes him stop, "I'm sorry for yelling out like that"

"Whatever" he groans as he continued walking.

[Time Skip]

"Y/n?" A voice calls out to me and I turn my heels, to see Izuku standing behind me.

"Izuku!" I say in a sweet voice as I run over to him. "What are you doing out here?" I asked and he rubs the back of his head.

"Im up next." He lets out a little laugh, "I'm glad I ran into you though." I hum as I tilt my head to the side. "You worried everyone when you suddenly left like that, but mostly me and Iida was worried; there was black electricity forming around you- it was barely noticeable- but Iida took fair note of it."

I let out a sigh as I look down at my hands, "I noticed it as well.. I don't think I can control my quirk anymore if I'm not stable emotionally." I look over him with a frown, "I'm hoping I can learn how to control myself before it gets worse" shaking my hand and clapping my hands together, I gave izuku a forced smile. "So who are you going up against?"

"Y/n..." izuku says as he moves over to me and gives me a hug, I was surprised but I took the moment in and hugged him back. "Let's work on controlling our quirks together" he says as he backs away and gives me a thumbs up.

An image of a small boy with green hair stood next to him, holding that same goofy smile and thumbs up. That day was so long ago yet I can remember it just like yesterday.

I've always idolized izuku, not because of his quirk but because of his personality. Always looking at the better ends of life and always such high spirited.

I wonder if he remembers the first time we ever met, though I doubt he does. "Let's make it a promise" I say as I hold out my pinky. Then again I'm glad he doesn't remember, he would have known a lot more about me- more then he should know. He gives me a nod and moves his pinky to mine- making the promise official. "I don't like it when people break promises Izuku." Then again I wish he remembered the promise he made me years ago.

" Then again I wish he remembered the promise he made me years ago

Looks better without the words ;-;

I'm not even going to lie; this promise between y/n and Izuku was an actual thing when I WROTE THE CHAPTER— WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE BEEN SEVERAL MONTHS AGO

.-. Aka: I forgot

Aka: I have to figure something out rip

A/n (literally several months later): I remember now :)