..16..

"What?" I ask softly, placing my hands on my hips. 

"Janet told me about you and her," he sighs, running his hand over his hair, "She told me you guys were in a relationship for a couple of years or something." he shakes his head, looking at the ground. 

"Yeah right," I scoff, walking around the island to throw some more stuff in the sink, "I don't do relationships." I smirk, rolling my eyes. 

"What?" Michael squints his eyes at me as I continue to wipe shit down. 

"Michael, I've already told you this. I don't do relationships. They hold me back." I sigh, shaking my head. 

"Well whatever it was, you've got Janet hooked. I think she still likes you," he shrugs, leaning his elbows on the marble top. 

"Wow," I mumble to myself, not realizing she still had a thing for me, "That was like a year and a half ago. I didn't think she really cared about me." 

"I didn't even know Janet was like that," he says, looking down at his hands. 

"Like what?" I raise a brow at him. He meets my glare and looks away just as quickly. 

"Um, I-I don't know..."

"Say it." I smirk, not because he's funny. 

"Well, I guess I didn't know she was," he swallows, standing up straight again, "Bisexual?" 

"Yeah well, she is," I smile, looking down at my wet hands. I dry them off on the hand towel and turn back around to Michael, leaning against the countertop. 

"Actually, I had completely forgotten that you were into girls," he says, lowering his eyes. I fold my arms, raising both brows. 

"Really?" I chuckle, crossing my feet, "The media is all over me about it." I shake my head as he stands silently, "So is that why you didn't call me?" I ask, steering the conversation back in the direction we were headed, "Because I've been with your sister?" 

"I-"

"Or is it because I'm "into girls"?" I cut him off, using quotation gestures. 

"Well, I don't know. I ju-"

"Because if it was the latter, you can leave." I deadpan, causing him to finally make abrupt eye contact with me, "I don't need you wasting my time. Sure some people have a thing against gays, or they say they don't but then they don't want to be with someone who has been with the same sex as them." I sigh, folding my arms, "So get out if you're going to waste my time. I'm a very busy woman with a lot on her plate. I don't need a homophobic Homo sapien in my house." 

"Are you serious?" Michael scoffs, folding his arms to mock me, "I'm definitely not against gay people, nor being with them. Clearly I'm not or I wouldn't have come to that little- NO, massive concert of yours tonight. I would've just let our duet go to shit and found someone else to do it with me," he grits, taking a step around the island, "You have to think before you accuse people of shit that isn't even remotely close to their beliefs. You need to realize that not everyone is against you," he starts guilt tripping me as he gets closer to me. 

"Michael I-"

"And you know, it did take me a bit of time to get used to the fact that you and Janet had been together. So what?!" he exclaims, holding his hands out to the side as he stands a foot away from me now, "But I'm here now! I'm trying to get you to be my 'I-don't-know-what/, and seemingly, it's not working!" he exclaims as his chest heaves an inch away from mine, "People love you, Abby! You're not all bitchy and controlling like you come off!"

"I know, bu-"

"Shut up!" he growls, making my eyes widen and my body tense in all the right places, "I know there's a reason you work so hard," he continues in a much softer tone, "I don't know what that reason is yet, but I'm hoping to become someone in your life who you share everything with. I will find out that reason, whether it's in seven days or seven years, I will figure you out, Abby Westbrook." he smiles, reaching out to caress my cheek. I look down at Michael's chest, which is now pressed against mine, and I smile lightly. 

"Why?" I grin, still resting my hands against the counter, "Why are you so damn adamant about trying to figure me out? I'm a pain in the ass you know," I smirk as he chuckles. 

"You intrigue me baby," he sighs, leaning his lips closer to mine, "And if you'd let me, I'd love to be a part of your life." he murmurs and I feel his breath caress my lips. I hesitate for a minute, debating whether or not I should finally let a love interest stay in my life for more than a fuck, and then his lips touch mine.

We can think about that later I guess.