..60..

I try and open my eyes, but soon realize that they are glued shut by dried tears. I roll onto my back and they pop open. My vision is blurry before I wipe the sleep from my eyes and I hear someone hum beside me, in satisfaction. 

"You're up," a sexy someone says, and I look over to him, "Hey Bee." 

"You're back," I murmur, wiping my eyes again before running my hands down my face. 

"You could sound a little less excited," he smirks sarcastically and I roll my eyes. 

"I told you to leave." 

"I did, but now I'm back," he sighs as I sit up and stretch my arms out, "I was out of line."

"No shit," I grunt, stretching down to touch my toes as I cringe at the pain from my ribs and arm. 

"I was talking from a place of hurt," he murmurs, looking down at his hands as I finally look towards him. 

"Michael," I sigh, "We're both hurting." 

"I know," he nods, and guilt plays his face. 

"My parents are accountable, this is not either one of our faults," I choke, trying to keep my tears down. 

"I know." 

"Things happen for a reason," I sniffle, holding my head in my hands, "I believe that. I know that. This happened for a reason. I'm upset," I croak as tears start to run down my face, "And just because everything happens for a reason doesn't mean I'm not upset."

"Bee, you don't have to-" 

"I miss her," I cry, wiping my nose, "I miss her and I never even met her. But this void in my stomach... it's just like missing someone." 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there," he says softly and I look to see tears running down his cheeks, "I could've protected both of you." 

"Like I said," I sigh, shaking my head, "Everything happens for a reason." 

"Doesn't mean I don't wish I was there." 

"Michael," I sigh, lying back as I rest my injured arm across my stomach. 

"I love you, Abby," he sighs, placing his hand on my uninjured one. 

"Michael," I repeat in a softer tone, letting my eyes meet his. 

"I've loved you for a long time, and I won't ever stop loving you. You are the love of my life. I believe that. You're always on my mind and I can't imagine a world without you. I love you, and I miss you when I'm not with you." 

"Michael, you don't have to-" 

"No, I do," he sighs, closing his eyes for a few seconds, "I haven't been the best. You deserve better, and I don't know how to give that to you. I love you more than life itself and I know that you're frustrated with me and I know that I say the wrong things all the time, but I do love you." 

"You've given me enough." 

"And you deserve more." 

"Michael," I sigh, shaking my head, "I've been a pain in the ass this whole time. I know that I'm not the best in the relationship, it's not you." 

"Fine," he murmurs, resting his elbows on his knees, "It's both of us. We're both useless in relationships."

"No one is to blame," I sigh, closing my eyes for them to rest, "Maybe this was never meant to be."

"What?" he asks slowly, not letting me read the emotion in his voice. I look away, breathing in deeply as I prepare to tell him all of my thoughts from last night. 

"We've been through too much to think that this will ever work out the way we want it to." 

"Are you kidding?" he scoffs, anger growing in his expression, "We've been through too much to not keep working on us." 

"I'm tired," I sigh, swallowing the lump in my throat, "I'm tired and I'm beaten down. I was never supposed to be in a relationship," I croak as Michael scoffs again, "And this one has taken too much out of me." 

"Abby, you're being ridiculous," he shakes his head, standing from the chair. 

"Michael, I made an exception for you," my voice quivers as tears build up behind my eyes, "This exception has taken too much out of me for me to keep accepting it." 

"Again, you're being ridiculous," he grits, slowly starting to pace beside me, "You can't just end this because you're tired. I get tired too, but then I go to bed and wake up with a fresh start." 

"That's not how it works," I grit, trying to hold down the dam of tears, "I'm emotionally drained. I've tried too hard to want to keep trying. I've tried all my efforts and I have nothing left anymore." 

"You have me!"  he exclaims, causing my breath to catch in my throat, "We can get through this. We'll try couples therapy or take a break or something." 

I look up into his deep brown eyes and my heart skips a beat before I look away. 

"I'm looking for a permanent break." 

Michael slowly comes to a stop with his pacing, and he looks down at me as I muster up the courage to look back at him. We connect in silence for an eternity before his brows furrow and menace coats his face. 

"Then Janet was right," he says, eerily soft, as my lips part to ask what he is about to answer, "You could only ever care about yourself." 

"Michael," I choke out, feeling my emotions get the best of me. 

"I don't want to hear it," he grits, shaking his head, "She was right. You never loved me. You've only ever cared and thought about yourself. Now you're taking this as the easy way out." 

"Michael," Janet snaps from the doorway, "That's enough." 

"No, Dunk," he sighs, looking towards her and then back to me, "Everything you said about her is true. You're not the woman I thought you were," he grits, shaking his head, "You don't give a fuck about me." 

"You don't know what the fuck I care about!" I screech, not fazing him whatsoever. 

"You're right," he shrugs, picking his things up off of the chair beside me, "Because I thought you cared about me. Obviously I was wrong." 

My heart shatters as I watch him gather all of his things and I scream at him to stay. Janet tries to stop him, but he's out the door and out of my life.