..67..

"Frank," I speak into the phone as I quickly make my way down the sidewalk. 

"He hasn't come out yet," he sighs, and I roll my eyes. 

"Well, I'm almost there. Can you meet me in the lobby to take me up again?" I ask.

"Sure." 

"Have you just been waiting outside the room all day?" I ask and I hear him let out an exasperated breath. 

"Yes, I have," he sighs, "I've just been monitoring it, not really asking him to come out or anything." 

"Have you heard anything going on inside the room?" 

"Nope," he says, popping the p, "I've just been standing, sitting and pacing with no sign of activity in there." 

"Shit," I sigh, walking through the front doors of the hotel, "I'm here." 

"I know," Frank chuckles from around the corner before walking out to greet me, "You ready to go break a door down?" 

"Always," I say seriously and he lets out a hearty laugh. 

"What if you can't break it down?" he asks with a smile on his face. 

"Call his security and tell them to break it down," I shrug. 

"They only listen to Michael," Frank says hesitantly. 

"I'm sure I'll change their minds." I wink, walking towards the elevator. 

When we get to the top, I bang on Michael's door as hard as I can.

Nothing. 

"Michael, I swear to God, I'm going to beat your ass when I get in there!" 

"You're feisty," Frank laughs as I bang on the door again, "It's funny. Good to see nothing has changed." 

"I'm done with the games! I'm getting worried!" I yell, smacking to door again. 

"Abby, if he's not out from annoyance, I don't think he's in there." 

"No. He is," I say assertively, glaring at the door, "I heard him in there earlier, when I was trying to get in here before." 

"Maybe you're just hearing things." 

"Call his security," I grit, still staring daggers into the gold door, "I need them here now." 

"Abby, I really don't thin-" 

"I don't give a shit!" I exclaim before something catches in my throat. I swallow, looking away as I feel tears behind my eyes, "I'm fucking worried." 

"Okay," Frank nods, sympathy in his eyes, "I'll call security." 

I nod my head, looking away as I try to swallow the ball in my throat and wipe the tears that are resting in my eyes. 

"Michael, please come out," I mumble, resting my forehead against the door. 

"Hey!" an accented boasts from down the hall, "What the hell are you doing here?!" 

"Who the hell are you?!" I scoff, scrunching my face at him. 

"I'm Michael's doctor. He doesn't want any visitors right now." 

"What?" I spit, "You're Michael's keeper? I thought you were just his doctor." 

"Murray?" Frank asks in disbelief, "Where have you been?" 

"I went home, and now I'm back. I'm coming to check on Michael's vitals."

"Why would you need to that?" I interrogate, "Did he just come out of surgery or something?"