Watanabe Risa [II]

"I have decided to graduation from Keyakizaka46" 

The sentence said by Shida Manaka made everyone in the room shocked at the news and many of them are unable to accept the fact that Shida is going to graduate from the group, especially Watanabe Risa and Hirate Yurina.

Weeks have passed since Shida officially graduated from the group and Risa have finally accepted the fact that Shida is no longer coming back to the group. She have been hoping that her graduation news was just a joke and she would randomly appear in Keyakake saying that it was all a prank and be victorious that she managed to prank so many people at once but weeks have passed since the news was announce, Risa know that she have to accept the fact that her other half of Zakuuru have left her.

Other than Risa, Hirate Yurina was the other member that was affected from Shida's graduation. Since the group was created, Shida have been around her like her older sister and never fail to cheer her up when she is feeling down. Shida have been a sisterly figure to her as she will always be there to listen when she need someone to talk to and also the first one to realise that she was feeling down. With Shida leaving Keyakizaka, Hirate felt that her support is suddenly taken away from her and she felt that she is falling apart from the sudden departure of Shida.

Knowing Hirate's weak emotional state, the other members is always around her after Shida left in any case that Hirate fall but they all neglected Risa who was affected badly as well. Risa have been putting up a strong front and tried to act like she is fine but everyone also did realise that after Shida left, she have been getting less and less active unlike before and gotten really quiet without someone to bicker with her. 

In midst of the situation, Hirate who have always be quiet in the group have been observing Risa from the side. Hirate knew, she knew that if Shida's departure from the group affect her this much, whats more for someone who have been sticking with Shida since the group was formed. 

Hirate was feeling alot better with the care and concern showed by the other members and decided to approach Risa on her own. She knew Risa is still trying to cope with the pain of Shida's departure but choose to hide the emotional in herself so that she wouldn't be making the others members worried.

Hirate used different ways to get Risa involve during different situation. During Keyaki house, she knew Risa wouldn't get into the pool but dragged her along so that she won't stay out of the water alone. She also realised that she have been clinging onto Risa more often than before. She could feel Shida's vibe in Risa when she speak to her as they had similar personality so it was easy for Hirate to approach her. 

"During the last verse, I need Hirate to jump onto Risa and Risa to spun her around for the choreography" Takahiro said as he spoke to the group

Having Risa hug her and spin her around reminded her of how she used to jump onto Shida during Hiraishin as Shida carried her around. She remembered how Risa used to tease Hirate for looking like a Koala as Shida carried her about. Hirate turned to Risa and smile and Risa return the smile as well. Actually, it was not the first time for Risa to carry her. During the few months where Shida wasn't around, Risa actually took Shida's place in carrying Hirate during Hiraishin before. 

Slowly as days passed, Hirate took the initiative to invite Risa out for lunch and dinner on some days as they chat happily as they eat. Hirate also began to stick closer to Risa like how she used to stick onto Shida and all the members noticed as well. They were actually quite glad both of them managed to find support in each other after Shida left and made them less worried than before. During the time where Hirate have been going in and out of the hospital for treatment, Risa always took time to follow her or at least text her if she wasn't around.

It was during one of their dinner date after one of their rehearsal for their 3rd anniversary live, Risa finally open up on the topic of Shida.

"Techi" Risa called

"Yea?" Hirate replied before putting the spoonful of ice cream into her mouth

"Manaka" Risa said shortly and spark the interest in Hirate

"Pippi? What about her?" Hirate asked 

"Did you choose to get closer to me because she left?" Risa asked and that made Hirate slightly shock at how Risa said

"I didn't know you noticed... but i didn't get closer to you because she left" Hirate said and put down her spoon "Between the 3 of us, Pippi have always been the link between us and if we ever got to talk last time, it would definitely be about her. After she left, both of us were badly affected and i know the other members kept their focus on me also because of my physical condition... but i knew you were affected as well. If i needed the support, i believe you needed more support than me. I chose to get closer to you not because of just wanting to cheer you up but to build our link back even without Pippi around. If Pippi could be a sister to both of us, why couldn't we be sisters even if she's not around?" Hirate said sincerely

Risa was honestly touched at what Hirate said. She felt guilty as she thought Hirate was just sympathizing her because she have lost Shida but she realize Hirate is sincerely trying to help her and cope with the pain of Shida's graduation together. 

During their 3rd anniversary live, they all received congratulatory messages from the members that were not around as they cheered them on 

"Say... shall we make Pippi jealous?" Hirate asked with a playful smirk on her face

"How so?" Risa asked curiously

"Let's take a photo together" Hirate said excitedly

"Sure!" Risa replied and took out her phone

They took the photo of them sticking their face together and sent it to Shida. They know Shida would definitely get jealous so they decided to escalated it as Risa took a photo of her kissing Hirate and sent it to Shida again and they were right. In less than a minute Shida was calling them on the phone and scolding them for being too close to each other. Hirate and Risa high five each other for successfully making Shida jealous as they laughed while Shida nag at them over the phone. 

Time passed and they have accepted Shida's graduation and became closer as well. The effort shown by Hirate was seen and accepted by Risa as well.
----------------------------------------------------------

Request from @kaytmrn and plot given by her as well!