Watanabe Rika

AU

"Rika san"

"Rika san!"

*tap tap*

Rika felt someone tap her so she turn her head to the back and look at the person

"Sensei is calling you" the person behind her whispered causing her to immediately turn and look at the teacher in front of the class

"Thank you Hirate san and welcome back to class Watanabe san. I would appreciate it if you stop daydreaming in my class" the teacher said and turn her back to the board again as she resume teaching.

Rika face turned red and she could feel her heart beating faster than usual, she doesn't know is it the embarrassment from her teacher or the person that tap her made her like this. She have been crushing on this classmate of hers since 1st grade and she is really happy that she managed to get into the same class as her for the next subsequent years.

Rika have always been a quiet student since she entered the school. The teachers and the students even thought that she was mute on the first month in school since she wasn't answering much in class. Later they thought she was a low EQ and IQ student since she is always talking to her toy shark in class but then she scored the highest during the year end examination so everyone was really confused about her. It was only after the first year they all decided to just classify her as a weird person and not question further.

Hirate on the other hand was just a dark and quiet person in class. She have always chosen the corner seat in class since her first year, and would never talk to others unless for work purposes. What makes her similar to Rika is that they are always one of the top scorers in school. Hirate is a mysterious person that everyone really wants to get close to but always kept her distance with everyone except for her long time seatmate Shida. It's known in class that Shida known Hirate since they were kids thats why she and her girlfriend will be the only ones Hirate will talk to in class.

"Techi, are you coming for lunch?" Risa, Shida's girlfriend asked as she stood by Hirate's table.

"I'm skipping today" Hirate replied as she look down at her assignment

"Again? It's the 3rd time this week, your father didn't give you allowance again?" Shida asked with concern

"..." Hirate sigh and continue "Just go for lunch..." She continued in a low voice before continuing with what she was doing

Shida was about to speak again but Risa pulled her away before she could say anything. 

"Leave her alone for now" Risa said as they walk to the cafeteria

"But i'm worried..." 

"Let her be for now, let's get her a sandwich when we get back alright?" Risa comforted her as they walk to the cafeteria

Hirate was left alone in class as she stared at her book spacing out after she finished her assignment. 

Rika finished her lunch early and entered the class and was mesmerized by the side view of Hirate's face staring out the window. She mustered up courage and walked towards Hirate.

"Hirate san" Rika called out softly

"Eh?" Hirate turned and look at Rika "Watanabe san?"

"Thank you for just now" Rika said shyly as she grab onto Aoko, her toy shark tightly with nervousness

"Ah... It's nothing at all" Hirate replied. 

Hirate was actually quite shock that Rika talk to her as Rika have always been quiet and was the last person that she thought would talk to her. Rika didn't know how to continue the conversation as this was the first time she talk that much to someone she doesn't know other than her own family.