Suzumoto Miyu [II]

"Hey, you sure you are fine today?" Suzumoto asked as she grabs onto Hirate's hand who walked pass her backstage 

"I'm fine, really... stop worrying about me..." Hirate said as she shakes her hand off rudely 

Walking further away from Suzumoto, Hirate felt bad at how she treated her but she couldn't control herself and her own emotions recently.

All those intense practice and rehearsals are getting a toll on her body and all those discomforts are causing her own emotions to fluctuate badly.

Stepping up on stage, she decided to temporarily let go of those uneasy feelings and focus on the performance but made a mental note to apologise to Suzumoto after everything end.

Although she told herself to focus on the performance, her mind is still in a mess as she was getting afraid that the way she treated Suzumoto would make Suzumoto angry with her or even avoid or stop talking to her anymore.

Hirate was getting distracted and the other members could feel it from the energy she is emitting and they were getting worried that she was in pain or any form of discomfort.

Halfway thru Kaze Ni Fukarete Mo, Hirate felt someone intertwine their hand with her own and turn to peek at who it was and it turn out to be Suzumoto who look at her with a concerned look on her face. 

She noticed Suzumoto was mouthing some words to her and she figured that Suzumoto is asking for her well being again but this time around, Hirate smiled at her and nodded firmly instead.

Seeing the concern shown by Suzumoto, Hirate finally let go of the big rock that has been pushing down on her heart and is ready to give all out for the rest of the performance tonight.

The short period of time backstage as they change, Suzumoto took her chance and ask Hirate the same question once again 

"Are you okay?" 

Hirate didn't reply but took a long look at Suzumoto instead

"Techi?" Suzumoto called her again as she waves her hand in front of her face

Hirate took the chance and grab onto her hand as she smiles to her assuringly as she nodded slowly 

"I am really okay... I'm sorry for how I treated you earlier... I guess my emotions got out of control" Hirate apologised

Suzumoto smiled to her as she also felt relieved to hear what Hirate said "Everything is fine, let's enjoy tonight... Come to my place for dinner tonight, I'll cook"

"Really?! I'll be there!" Hirate replied excitedly

Although she could feel her body getting drained at the intense performance for the rest of the night, Hirate was in high spirit as she enjoyed the night with relax feelings.

Ending the performance, Hirate still managed to hop happily to the back although she stumbled here and there with her unstable condition, the rest could see that she was happy. 

"Wanna go together?" Oda asked Suzumoto as she exited the room after changing

"Sorry but I'm waiting for Techi" Suzumoto replied and turn her attention back to her phone

Oda wasn't surprised that Suzumoto rejected her offer after she mentioned Hirate as she knew Hirate holds a special position in her heart and Suzumoto would sacrifice anything for the younger girl.

"I'm ready, let's go" Hirate said as she emerged from the room and stood in front of Suzumoto with an excited smile

Suzumoto smiled lovingly at her and link their arms together before walking out of the place. Suzumoto might not look like those people who are concern about others but she is always someone that always making sure that everyone is okay.

In Keyaki House, even though she was the one that initiated the plan of making Hirate join them in the pool, she was actually pretty worried about the injuries on her and if she was okay to join them inside.

She knew Hirate liked being around water and making her go in the pool would definitely make her happy to be in her own natural habitat, that's why she made Hirate join them but also making sure that she will be fine to join them as well.

To be honest, Suzumoto did feel slightly hurt when Hirate brush her away and replied to her coldly earlier on but knowing Hirate for over 3 years, she knew the younger girl got a lot on her plate and her emotional state would definitely be affected hence she didn't pursue the matter further but got more worried over her instead.

Seeing Hirate getting distracted on stage just now, she knew she needs to do something to calm her down and that was also why she suddenly intertwine her hand with Hirate's.

She was trying to give Hirate some strength and assurance to carry on and was glad that Hirate wasn't pushing her away anymore.

"Mon-chan... Why are you still so nice to me even after how I treated you?" Hirate asked as she sat at the dining table waiting for dinner to be served

"What are you talking about? Do I need to have a reason to be nice to my dear sister?" Suzumoto said as she brought the food out

Hirate once again got distracted but this time from the aroma and the delicious appearance of the food in front of her. Suzumoto laughed at how short Hirate's attention span is before she sat down on the seat opposite to her.

"Techi look at me," Suzumoto said sternly catching the attention of Hirate "you are someone important to me. Someone that I want to protect and someone that I truly care about. Never question why I care about you and why I am so nice to you, this is a given and all you need to do is to accept it. You understand?"

Hirate nodded slowly as her tears well up in her eyes. She felt really touched at what Suzumoto said and was glad that she was always there for her since the group was first formed.

Suzumoto felt a sense of responsibility when she knew Hirate was from the same hometown as her when the group was first formed and from then, the urge to protect Hirate never fails to come the longer she knew Hirate and how fragile and vulnerable the younger girl is.