Special Chapter - Hirate Yurina [IV]

Taking soft steps into the campus, Kobayashi was once again pushed onto the school lockers as she winced in pain. School was no longer the same for Kobayashi after the passing of Hirate as the bullies once again start to target her and taunt her after her only protector in school is gone.

"Hey, trash! Not so tough without your protector around eh?" One of the bullies laughed as she kicks her.

"Maybe Hirate was tired of protecting you this trash that's why she decided to die!" another one teased.

It was getting harder and harder to get by each day with all the taunting of those bullies and her heart hurts every time she looks at Hirate's locker which was beside hers. She stood quietly in front of the two lockers that were vandalised, the emotion that had been buried was all released as she screamed and punch the locker that belongs to Hirate.

"Why... Just why did you have to leave me like this" Kobayashi said to herself as her tears fell "You promised you would protect me... why did you break this..."

Kobayashi has always been a very soft spoken person hence making her a target of the bullies since she was young. Even after knowing Hirate and getting into the same school as her, she hides the fact that she is getting bullied in school from her but was found out when Hirate just happens to walk past when the bullying happened. Since then, Hirate would follow her wherever she goes, send her to class and wait for her outside her class to protect her. Every time Kobayashi tells her it's fine and ask her to stop, she would always smile and reply 'I'm your knight in shining armour remember? I am here to protect you from any harm' and making Kobayashi feel safe.

Returning back home after the long day in school, Kobayashi was greeted by all her other sisters when she entered their shared apartment. Silence followed after the greetings, it wasn't the same as before as there were be bickers or laughter all over the place but after that day, it was all silences.

"Pon... We are planning to pack away her stuff tonight... Join us" Sugai said softly to her as she put her hand on her shoulder. Kobayashi closes her eyes and nodded slowly before returning back to her room to change out her uniform.

After entering her room, she threw her bag onto her bed and sigh. She doesn't want to enter Hirate's room as she knew her heart might not be able to take the pain but she also knew that all her sisters would be there with her as they give emotional support to each other.

Entering Hirate's room, the sudden sense of familiarity hit her as she starts to remember the last time they both sat by the bed and talked about life and all sorts of things that came to them at that point. Lowering down her head as she remembers all those memories in the past, her eyes start to sting as her tears threatened to fall.

"Hey" feeling at pat on her shoulder, she turns to see Sugai looking at her worriedly "You alright? You don't have to be here if you can't handle it."

Looking around the room, she knew she was not the only person feeling this way. From the looks on her other sister's face, she knew that she need to stay strong for all of them, for herself as well.

"Yea, I'm alright... We are doing this for her, for all of us here... We are the pillar for each other aren't we?" Kobayashi replied softly as she places her hand over Sugai's and smiles lightly.

One by one, they spread out to start packing Hirate's things in the room. There was silence *in the room but it was a comfortable one instead of the usual awkward or gloomy ones. All of a sudden, they saw Sugai stood up as she held an envelope in her hand.

"Call the others, ask them to come back as soon as possible" Sugai spoke out

The rest of the girls were shocked at the sudden request as they look at Sugai confusedly.