Moriya Akane [IV]

AU

"Hirate Sensei, fancy seeing you here tonight" Moriya said as she hold onto her glass of wine and walk over to Hirate "You look handsome tonight" she continued after scanning what Hirate is wearing

"Nice to see you too Moriya Sensei, you look gorgeous as well. I guess this is way better than seeing each other in scrubs right?" Hirate replied as she hold up her glass with a small laugh"I was supposed to be on duty tonight but there was a change in shift so... here i am"

Moriya and Hirate is both doctors from the same hospital but from the different department. Although they are from different department, they work together very often hence knowing each other. Hirate is a ER(Emergency Room) doctor and was once a cardiology specialist in another hospital before joining as a ER doctor and Moriya is a cardiologist. As an ER doctor, Hirate is supposed to tend to patients that is sent in and find out what is wrong with them and treat them accordingly before sending them to a specialist if they require one. Usually when Hirate receive a patient with heart related problems, she would contact Moriya immediately hence giving them a close relationship. Being short handed in the Cardiac department, Moriya would usually ask Hirate for help if there is a need during surgeries knowing the fact that Hirate was once a cardiologist as well.

"Are you by any chance still single?" Moriya asked as they were sitting at one corner chatting with each other

"Why do you ask?" Hirate questioned back softly

"There is someone that i want to introduce to you actually" Moriya said as she laugh softly

"I am still single but i don't think i have time to be in a relationship for the time being... you know how is it like in the ER, my working hours are irregular... why do you think Neru broke up with me?" Hirate said and whispered the last part with a frown before looking up at Moriya with a brighter topic "How's Yuuka? I heard she said yes to your proposal" she asked with a smile

Nagahama Neru is the ex girlfriend of Hirate. Their relationship started when Hirate was still a cardiologist in the other hospital and Nagahama being the nurse in that hospital as well. They have been dating for a very long time until they start to drift apart after Hirate became an ER doctor. Nagahama strongly disapprove Hirate choice of being a ER doctor and even fought with her regarding it before. After becoming an ER doctor, Hirate working time became irregular and she hardly have time to go home anymore. It was to the extend that Nagahama couldn't take it anymore and initiated the break up and left Hirate's home. The latest news Hirate got was that Nagahama is now happily in love with a doctor from the previous hospital and is planning to get married soon.

"Yea" Knowing Hirate didn't want to continue the topic she chose to drop the previous conversation as well "We are planning to get married in the later half of the year, talking about her... she should be here soon, she said she would come over after her shift ends" Moriya said with a smile as the thought about her fiancee.

"Congratulations" Hirate said "I always wonder what did she like in you tho, you are always so fierce to her during work" Hirate teased

Sugai Yuuka is the soon to be wife of Moriya, she is also a doctor in the cardiac department and is working under Moriya. She have been admiring Moriya since she entered the hospital and seeing how Moriya works made her love her more. It was until a few years back, Moriya confessed to her that she like her and got together soon after.

"That's my charm you know? and i am not fierce alright? that is called being serious and professional" Moriya retorted "You are the one that made one of the new fellows cried just the other day, who are you to call me fierce"

"Oh come on, you know the situation right? The man would have lost his life if he had left the hospital that night if i didn't catch him after she let him go" Hirate replied in an instant "I didn't really scold her you know? I only told her her mistakes, it's her feeling guilty that's why she cried"