Special Chapter - Code Blue

AU

It was a hectic morning in the ER (Emergency Room) with emergency patients coming in without stopping since the sun is up. It was a very usual thing for the doctors and nurses in lifesaving as they are face with this kind of situation for almost every single day. It was near 9am when the lifesaving team had time to rest and tidy up the ER that seems as though a war just happened. 

*ding*

Dr Shiraishi heard her personal phone's notification tone rang and took out her phone and was surprise to receive a message from Hirate Yurina, a girl which she met years ago during one of the rescue mission she had.

"Shiraishi Sensei, I would be having my high school graduation today. Do you think my parents would be proud of me right now?" 

The short message from her made her recall back when she first met Hirate.

Flashback to 7 years ago

"This is Shohoku Emergency Center"

"This is Yokohama Fire Station, We have a request for Doctor Heli. There's a 2 car collision at the highway southwest Yokohama station. There is 4 casualties on scene. 3 adult and 1 child"

Back then Shiraishi had just completed her fellowship and was a newly promoted flight doctor. Shiraishi looked at the operator room and saw a thumbs up from the operator before answering

"We will be dispatching now, please update us the condition of the patients in awhile" 

Right after hanging up the call, she immediately ran out to the Heliport and boarded Doctor Heli with Saejima and Mitsui.

"Can i have the current condition of the casualties?" She asked over the headset

"2 with heavy bleeding and are unconscious, 2 with light injuries" 

"The child?"

"With light injuries... The couple that are unconscious seems to be the parents of the child"

"Understand, roger" She answered

"Estimated time of landing in 2 minutes" The pilot called out

Hearing the information, Shiraishi threw Mitsui and Saejima a short look of understanding as they prepare for landing.

Upon landing, all of them ran out and head to the firefighters on scene. 

"We are from Shohoku Doctor Heli" 

"All 4 casualties are over at the wreckage, we tried to bring the girl away but she didn't want to co operate and stood there instead" The officer said as he pointed over to the wreckage

"Okay" They answered and ran over to the scene

"Shiraishi check the 2 with heavy bleeding first, you take the woman" Mitsui instructed

"Hai!" Shiraishi replied and kneeled down in front of the head of the woman as she pat and called out to her "I am Shiraishi from Shohoku Emergency Center, do you understand me?" She tried several times but was no response. She checked for injuries on her body and she knew it wasn't looking good with several places with deep cut, the woman was losing blood fast. As she was tending to the wounds to stop the bleeding, the monitor that was attached to the woman beeped loudly.

"It's cardiac arrest!" Saejima called out to Shiraishi and Shiraishi immediate start to do heart massage on the woman. There was internal bleeding inside the woman's body and it was already too late to do anything. After trying to revive the woman for quite some time, Mitsui called out Shiraishi to stop and not waste time anymore "Time of death 1452" . Shiraishi heart dropped as she saw the heartrate of the woman drop to zero. It was her first case as a full fledge flight doctor and she already lost a patient.