Hirate Yurina [III]

"I, Hirate Yurina have decided to graduate from Keyakizaka46." 

The sudden announcement at their 3rd anniversary live by Hirate Yurina shocked everyone in the stadium. Her members were quite happy and glad that she took the initiative to talk to their fans but didn't expect her to drop such an important decision so suddenly.

"I am really happy to be in Keyakizaka46 for the past 3 years and I will always cherish my time here with all of you." Hirate said as she turns to face her members.

Nobody knows about her decision, not even the members closest to her. Harada and the graduated members who were watching in the audience was also shocked at the sudden announcement. 

The announcement caused an uproar in the stadium as the staff and members do not know how to react much less the fans. Ending the live in a hurry after their last encore stage, their manager immediately called Hirate backstage to talk to him. 

It was then when the members realise, Hirate told nobody about this decision of hers... Not even their management. After some time, Hirate returned back to the dressing room yet none of her members dared to start a conversation though they want to talk to her about this matter.

"I..." Hirate suddenly spoke as she was back facing them "I'm sorry..."

All of them stared at her as she packed her things and prepare to go

"Why... why so sudden?" Neru asked and Hirate just sigh "You know I am leaving! Why did you choose now to go as well?! They need you! You are being irresponsible for leaving so suddenly!" she exclaimed

Neru didn't mean to shout at Hirate but she was really angry at the younger's decision yet worried at the same time. The tension between the two graduating members was intense and Sugai knew she had to break the two of them before a big fight starts.

"Neru stop... and Techi, I believe you owe all of us an explanation" Sugai said as she grabs onto Neru to calm her down.

"I will explain... but not today... It has been a long day, I have to meet Aki P tomorrow morning..." Hirate said and left the room

Everyone was dumbfounded at her attitude and reply, some of them were worried yet some of them were angry at her sudden news. Sugai decided to calm them down and told them to wait till tomorrow and she said she will try to get the answers as well.

The next day, the rest of the members were called to the office as well by Aki P. When all of them enter the meeting room, they spot Hirate sitting there emotionlessly.

"Take a seat girls" Aki P said as he saw all of them standing there "I believe all of you know why you guys are called here" the members nodded 

"Honestly, I also found out when Hirate announced it yesterday, she did not tell anybody in advance prior to her announcement. I know this is sudden for all of us here but I got to respect Hirate's decision. She already made the announcement and there is no turning back anymore, we have discussed and have decided for her activities to last till the end of June." Aki P said to the girls

"She is leaving earlier than me?" Neru asked 

"Yes" 

After the announcement, the members all bid their goodbye and left the room leaving Hirate inside as Aki P told them there is more they have to discuss about.

"Are you sure about this? You are really keeping this from them?" Aki P asked after the rest left the room

"Yes, I'm sure" Hirate replied 

"This is serious... if the treatment isn't done well, you might be paralyzed... You should at least let someone know..." Aki P showed his concern to the younger girl but Hirate chose to ignore his suggestion and left the room.

When she stepped out of the room, she was confronted by all her members who were waiting for her outside.

"Explain" Moriya said sternly

Hirate looked at them and tried to walk away but was held back by them.

"You said you would explain today, now explain!" Moriya burst out

"I don't want to stay anymore" Hirate said coldly and took the chance to walk away while the rest were still in shock

Hirate was determined to not let her members know about the real reason why she is suddenly leaving the group.

"Hirate san, I'm afraid you won't be able to dance anymore... If this continues, you might even become paralyzed." 

This sentence said by the doctor just keep repeating itself in her head as though it was laughing at her. Because of her injuries, she is on the verge of losing her ability to walk. Hirate laughed at what is actually happening to her, she left not because she is angry at anyone but because she doesn't want to become a burden if she ever loses her ability to walk. 

By all means, she wants to continue in Keyakizaka46 as long as she can and she knows that leaving now would cause another problem for the members as they suddenly have to fill in the void for 2 front line members from leaving but staying would cause another threat if she ever lost her ability to walk in midst of promotion, her management and all would get criticised.

"Leaving is the best choice I could decide now..." Hirate said to herself as she walks out of her members view.