Chapter Nineteen

So to hopefully make up for my shitty updating, I wrote an EXTRA EXTRA long chapter. I'm pretty proud of most it so I really hope you guys like it. And I seriously want a few comments on this one you guys, pretty please with a cherry, whip cream, and chocolate syrup on top? I'll dedicate the next chapter (or the next few chapters) to the people who comment :D

The next morning I woke up knowing that I’d be saying goodbye to Kellin in only a few hours. I lay still in Kris’s bed with my eyes wide open just staring at the blank, white ceiling above me. A small part of me registered that I was alone in the bed, but I didn’t take a moment to wonder where Kris had run off to at 9:30 on a Sunday morning. The only thing I could think about was that kiss from the night before.

The memory of Kellin’s breath mingling with mine, his lips and body pressed against me, the pounding in my chest, my legs turning to jelly beneath me; it brought a smile to my face.

But the memory was quickly ruined by a voice saying, “Hold onto that memory, little bitch. That’s the last memory you’ll ever have of him. Well, at least until he leaves in two hours.” The voice snickers as my face falls into one of sadness and my eyes fill with tears.

Suddenly, Rachel’s voice invaded my ears. “Yeah, keep crying you big baby. It’s not gonna change the fact that he never liked you in the first place and you’re just a charity case.”

I shut my eyes to fend off the water works. When the laughter didn’t stop, I covered my head with Kris’s pillows. The laughter and name calling continued to grow louder and louder until it was all I could hear.

There was a sudden drop on the other side of the bed and it grew silent within a split second.

“Hey baby girl,” Kris’s voice sounded muffled through the pillow still over my face. “You okay?”

After another second, I threw the pillow back its proper place on the bed and breathed in deep. “He’s leaving,” I said softly, a lump forming in my throat once more, but I refused to cry again.

Kris was lying on her stomach lower on the bed, her red hair in big curls falling over her slim shoulders. She gave me a sympathetic look. “I know, but he’ll be back,” she tried to reassure me.

I scoffed and sat up to lean against the head board. “How do you know that?”

Kris scoffed back at me and rolled her eyes with a light smile. “Because he likes you, Taylor.”

“I doubt that.” Kris gave me her ‘I’m about to punch the shit out of you’ look. One she gives me very often. I ignored the pointed look and continued on to say, “It’s not like he’s asked me to be his girlfriend or anything.”

“That doesn’t mean that he won’t.” Kris pointed out matter-of-factly.

I rolled my eyes and decided it was best not to respond. This conversation was really starting to depress me. “Where’d you go this morning?”

Kris sighed at my change of subject but went with it nonetheless. She rose from her lying position on the bed to reveal her attire for this morning. She was wearing a cream colored dress with tank top sleeves and fell to her knees along with a pair of black heels with spikes on them.

I raised a questioning brow and waited for her to explain. She proceeded to turn away from the bed and start making her way towards her closet where she unzipped and dropped the dress from her figure, sorting through her clothes for something more comfortable. “Yesterday mom mentioned to me that she wanted to start attending church every Sunday.”

I slowly nodded my head, though her back was still towards me, needing no further explanation. Kris continued to change into a pair of black skinny jeans and a white Nirvana t-shirt. When she was finished, she turned back to me and said, “Now come on. Mom’s making pancakes. You can shower and get pretty later.”