Chapter Thirteen

I'm sorry it's been so long but I finally got a new chapter and it's a long one :) ENJOY, VOTE AND COMMENT! ily<3

We got through all the security junk with ease and surprisingly faster than we did in Austin. Before we knew it, we were at the gate waiting for our seats to be called for boarding. No one was speaking now. We all sat in awkwardly sad quietness anxiously waiting.

We sat like this for ten short minutes before a voice came over the speaker: “Now boarding seats B1 through B10 for flight G417 to Austin.”

Kris and I sighed in unison and rose from our seats. The other guys followed our lead and passed around for our final goodbyes. I ended up hugging Kellin twice and for the longest. I could feel eyes on us and I knew in my gut that Kris was smiling. But I couldn’t care less at the moment. All that mattered to me was that his arms were around me right now, and five minutes from now, they’d be gone.

“You have my number, right?” Kellin says softly in my ear, his arms still wrapped firmly around my body. I nodded against his chest, not wanting him to know how close I was to tears. “Call me if you need anything, or if you just want to talk, okay? Promise you’ll call me.” I nodded again. He pulls away and looks at me closely. “I mean it, Tay. Call me if you need me.”

I had to look away from his eyes or I knew I’d break down in tears. “I don’t want to bother you. You’ll be working the rest of the week.”

I felt more than heard him chuckle. “You won’t be bothering me, Taylor. Tell you what, if you won’t call me, I’ll call you,” he paused, turning me to face him once more, “every night.”

I smiled and moved back in to hug him one more time.

            A second later, I felt a hand on my back. I turned around and saw Kris smiling at me. “We gotta go,” she said mournfully. I nodded to her and she took a few steps back. Kellin and I looked at each other for a second longer before he finally kissed my forehead and told me, “Text me when you land,” before he gave me a slight push in Kris’s direction.

            Kris and I waved at the guys once more as we entered the tunnel and boarded the plane. Once we’d settled into our seats, Kris turned to me with a bright smile on her face. “You’re really gonna miss him, aren’t you?” I blushed, but didn’t answer. “He’s gonna miss you too. I can tell. He didn’t want to let you go back there.”

I blushed again and finally told her, “He’s supposed to come to Austin this weekend to take me on a date.” I didn’t need to see her face to know what she looked like. I knew that her eyes were as wide as saucers and her mouth was in the shape of an ‘O’. It didn’t hurt that she couldn’t seem to be able to hold in the squeal which earned us a few glares and a flight attendant to rush over to ask her to keep her voice down.

“Are you fucking kidding me?!” She asked in a loud whisper once the flight attendant walked away. “When did he ask you on a date?”

“Last night. After the concert when all of you were in the room dancing, I snuck back out to the pool. He followed me and we talked a bit. Then he asked me on a date.” I couldn’t contain the smile on my face now; just talking about Kellin made my heart do funny things in my chest.

“Oh em fucking gee! Why am I just hearing about this now?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “It’s been a busy morning.”

Kris settled down a considerable amount as the plane started to move into the sky. But once we’d reached cruising altitude, she was back to interrogating me. She asked me about my initial reaction when he asked me and if I thought he would really fly to Austin to take me out. Then she went on about how she just knew that we’d hit it off and it was just like a fan fiction and we would live happily ever after and crap. I rolled my eyes and listened to her babble, content to amuse her delusions for the time being.