𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒃

Sorry one of my favorite songs atm. Lol just kidding I'm not sorry. But here's a good recommendation ?

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

The crooked smile that Lapis adored was gone. It was Monday and she hadn't seen Peridot show an inch of happiness since her panic attack. It worried her that she wouldn't ever get better and wondered if it was her fault for this treatment.

She glided the paintbrush in between the sacred chalk lines on the canvas. She was painting Peridots lovable face and every glance she took at the reference photo was longer. She sat down on her stool and stared at the printed picture. Peridot looked so happy. She missed who she was before the incident. Now, it seemed like things were back to how they acted during the first two months of being roommates. Peridot was shutting Lapis out and she was afraid she'd loose her this time. How was she going to fix this?

"Nice."

The sound of the British accent made Lapis frustrated. Snapping her neck towards the curvy girl and giving her a death glare, she said, "What do you want?"

"Just to talk."

Lapis scoffed and rolled her eyes. She did not want to speak to any of the peer pressuring friends Peridot had had.

"Amy is a reckless kid who needs to do anything to get her mind off of her problems and seem better than she sees herself. She doesn't mean to drag other people into her 'cocky' streaks or rebellious acts. She rarely ever realizes that actions turn into consequences." Garnet said. "She didn't mean to hurt Peridot."

Lapis growled, she didn't care about Amy or her problems. Who she cared for was now moping around and not talking to her. Instead of replying, she just stared at her picture.

"You really care for her."

Lapis angrily sighed and gathered her belongings to leave. "She's my best friend," she gritted her teeth, "I might not be hers, but she is definitely mine."

"Oh?"

She looked over at her classmate, giving her a questioning look. Of course Peridot was her best friend. She had been the only one who has done more things for her than anybody else, but besides the things she did for her, it was the way Peridot made her feel. She had felt numb most of her life and whenever she was with her, she felt alive. She felt human.

Instead of regarding her curious gaze, Garnet got up and walked away. Lapis made an effort to leave after she left, so she wouldn't be near her any longer than she wanted. She didn't know what she was thinking but honestly didn't care. She hurried to the vending machine, purchased Peridots favorite snack, and went to their room.

Once entering the room, Lapis was nervous to see Peridot doing her usual homework and not glancing up to see her. After placing her portfolio and tote bag on her desk, she timidly walked over to her friend and held out the snacks.

Peridot raised an eyebrow as she looked at the snacks being presented to her. Hesitantly, she took them and muttered a sarcastic thanks. Lapis didn't leave though, she stood there, staring at her friend as if she was nervous. "What?"

Loosing the only friend Lapis has had was a new fear she had gained overtime. She didn't want the fault to be hers anymore if they didn't work out their friendship. Even if Peridot did something bad, Lapis thought she could forgive her. She knew Peridot deserved more than what she was giving to her. She wasn't the ideal friend and sometimes she thought of herself as a burden, but Peridot was always making her feel special. It was all in her head and she couldn't cease them.