𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒆'𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆

"It's my birthday and I'll sleep if I want to."

Yeah, it's freaking late. I barley got sleep last night, had first legal drink(s), and took off the makeup that was bothering my tired eyes. Appreciate this long chapter to celebrate my birthday with me, I stayed up trying to finish it so if it seems scribbled, DEAL WITH IT. Time to sleep.

I hope you all enjoy a piece of Lapidot instead of cake.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Along the ride, Peridot wouldn't tell Lapis where on Earth they were headed, even with her begging. It was tough to not give into the pleading, but she had found willpower to refuse any bribery.

The sun was setting and the sky was painted in exhilarating hues that Lapis didn't think she was able to mix on her paint pallets. Lapis didn't know the streets Peridot took but eventually they parked at a restaurant that had a black modern exterior. Both wisteria and round Christmas lights hung from the long metal arbor that was over plenty of tables.

Once entering the building, Peridot smiled nervously at the hostess who raised her eyebrows in patience. "Reservation for Peridot Greene?"

The lady did whatever she did before turning to them once again and said calmly, "Right this way, Ms. Greene."

They followed her outside and sat underneath the flowers, lights, and the now bluish sky. The two sat on black aluminum chairs and were handed menus. Silverware and a salad plate was already placed on each side of the table, along with a small vase of roses set in the middle. They both quietly thanked the lady before she left.

"Holy fuck, Peri." Lapis whispered, her eyes widening at the prices on the menu. "This place is so expensive."

"Don't worry about it." Peridot gave a half smirk, looking up from her own menu for a second. "I'm using my savings."

Lapis frowned, almost beginning to pout until the waiter came.

He was kind and his smile never faltered. He poured water into their glasses when he greeted them, "Hello, you two. Happy Valentines Day. My name is Jamie and I'll be your sever tonight. Would you like to try some wine tonight?"

Peridot glanced to the other end of the table. When she saw Lapis frown and shake her head, she thanked the man but decided not to pay a fortune on a nasty beverage.

"Alright. I'm going to go fetch your bread. Do you have any questions about the menu so far?" Jamie smiled but once they answered he left.

Lapis looked over the small menu, all the while being wary of the prices. The cheapest item on the menu was a three course meal deal for fifty dollars. Besides that was a Valentine's Day special for two, a four course meal and ten dollars cheaper than if they were to both order separate three course meals.

"Do you want to try the Chefs Tasting Menu or the Valentine's Day Special?" Peridot questioned and then added, "If you don't want either, that's fine."

"Do you want to do the Valentine's Day Special?"

"Only if you want to."

Lapis nodded and gave a soft smile to the blonde. She wondered how sharing plates would effect their date. "Let's do that."