24 p2

I sat in the warm car. I rubbed my hands together. Bennett looked at me and smiled. He handed me a blanket. "Wrap this round you. It should help to warm up." He smiled sweetly at me.

"Thank you, Bennett." I said.

"It's no problem. You would do the same for me." We both smiled at eachother. "Anyways, explain, young one."

I smiled harder before it dropped. The memories of a couple hours ago filled my head.

Flashback:

I walked down the stairs. "Hi guys." Jordan and Declan didn't even acknowledge me, to wrapped up in their video game. "Guys? Is this a joke?"

No response. "Where's Bennett?" They ignored me again. I went and waved a hand in Declans face but he just swatted it away.

"Hello?" I shouted.

"Geez, Naomi! Be quiet! Can't you see we are doing something?" Jordan asked.

"Well, you should actually acknowledge my existence. Plus, I was asking you where Bennett is."

"Why are you so obsessed with him? It's like he's you favourite. Can't you see us two? The ones way hotter than him?"

"Why should I notice you when you don't even care?"

"We do care. You just don't care about us?"

"I do, but you just don't care about me."

"We do!" Declan shouted, taking me by surprise. "You just care about Bennett way more. He's just the best, isn't he?!"

"He cares! Unlike you two! You just want your lewd desires to be filled and to have your own way! At least Bennett has the decency to actually acknowledge me and talk to me and check on me. He's always been there for me during the storms you guys don't notice because your wrapped up in your now perfect lives!" I screamed.

"Well, you should think about choosing favourites, Naomi! It hurts."

"I'm not choosing favourites. You should also think about how upset I am to lose two of my best friends! Maybe I would have been better not meeting you two." With that, I stormed upstairs and grabbed Bennett's jumper as it's warmer before stalking out into the storm.

End of flashback~

Bennett stared at me. He looked down. He looked up again and opened his mouth before shutting it again. "Do you really think that?" He asked quietly after a while of comfortable silence.

"Yes. It's the truth, isn't it? The other two have- what it seems to be- lost interest in me. It's as if I'm no longer there in their lives. But I am. And you noticed that, making me feel better even if the things around me aren't. You make everything seem better."

Then he did something unexpected.

He pulled me in and kissed me softly.

A short but sweet kiss. Like chocolate. Perfect.

He pulled away with bright red cheeks. "Is Bennett Frazier.... Blushing?" I fake gasped.

"It's not everyday that I get to kiss a beautiful woman. Actually, that's never happened. I haven't kissed anyone." He chuckled.

"Well, I don't know what woman you just kissed because I don't see anyone around here, let alone a beautiful woman."

"You're the beautiful woman."

"Well, you better get used to kissing this so called 'beautiful woman' because you will be everyday. If that's alright with you."

"That's more than alright." We grinned at eachother. He grabbed my hand and started to drive.

_______________

When we got to the base Declan and Jordan were discussing their new girlfriends.

"Hey, Bent, how comes you haven't got a girlfriend or never have had a proper one?" Jordan asked.

"Dude, I have one right now." Bennett answered, winking subtlety at me.

"Who? Tell us, Bent, who?" Declan pressed.

"I'll give you a clue. She's beautiful, smart, has mesmerising eyes." He smirked at the others. "And someone you abandoned." Bennett added.

They exchanged confused looks. "We haven't abandoned anyone." Jordan and Declan turned to me. I smiled sweetly.

"So, how comes you choose everything over me?" I asked sweetly.

They both had shocked faces. Bennett was holding back a laugh as we both sat down. I took both of their controllers, passing one to Bennett.

We went onto overwatch and played throughout the night, at some point Declan and Jordan disappeared.

A/n I'm moving to Cambridge soon so might not update! Sorry for any inconvenience!