28

I sat down in the library like my usual after school routine. I sat in my corner and started to read, knowing all of my school work and homework was done for the next couple of weeks.

I plugged my music in and listened to it whilst reading. I was sat there for about half an hour before somebody tapped my shoulder.

I looked up to see a blue glare. The owner of the glare has raven black hair and piercings that glistened in the light. He seemed quite muscly, but not too muscly. His jaw was perfect, adding a more handsome effect on his face.

"May I sit with you?" He asked quietly as I took my earbud out. He looked around shyly and I saw two boys behind him laughing and joking.

"Sure, as long as you tell me if you know them boys."

"Yeah, sure. They are Jordan and Declan, my friends." He said, pointing to a brown haired boy, Declan, and a blonde haired boy, Jordan.

"Oh, ok. I'm Naomi." I held out my hand. He didn't hesitate to shake it.

"Bennett."

"Nice to meet you." I smiled at him and moved over on the beanbag. I patted the new space next to me. He sat down, mirroring my smile.

"Nice to meet you too. Can I introduce you to the others?" Bennett fiddled with the string on his Panic! At The Disco merch.

"Sure." I smiled at him as his gaze softened. He called the hyper boys over.

"Ooh! Bennett has a girlfriend!" Jordan teased.

"Jordan, at least he can get a girlfriend." Declan snorted.

"She's not my girlfriend. Plus, at least I have the guts to even approach her." Bennett cut in.

"That's because your head over heels for her." Jordan said before whispering to me just loud enough for Bennett to hear, "He stares at you a lot and won't shut up about you." He winked at me.

"Jordan, I take it your the annoying one in your friend group. You try to be comedic but you fail miserably. I wonder why you can't get a date." I said to the green eyed boy. He crossed his arms and pouted.

"I already don't like your girlfriend, Bennett!" He huffed.

"Stop being such a drama queen." Declan rolled his eyes. "Anyways, hi." He finished, turning to me.

"So, you are the strong one? The supposed tough one who's really sweet underneath? I take it you have a lot of hidden secrets, you all do."

"Yeah, sounds about right."

"So that leaves Bennett here as the mysterious one. Strong and smart, a mix of you two, but also quiet. Always says things in the right places at the right times." They all nodded their heads.

"How do you know this? Are you secretly a magical unicorn?" Jordan asked.

"No, it was a guess. Well, yours was obvious." Declan laughed at my comment as Jordan crossed his arms again.

"Anyways, let's leave the two lovebirds. Bennett, don't have too much fun with..." Declan said, waiting for my name.

"Lorraine. Naomi Lorraine." I finished. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to say that."

"Ok, maybe I love your girlfriend Bennett."

"We are not dating." We said in unison.

"If you say so.." Jordan and Declan walked off, leaving me and Bennett.

"Sorry about them." Bennett said shyly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's fine. It's quite amusing actually."

"Not when they're fighting. They can argue, but that's not bad to them actually fighting." He said.

"I feel sorry for you. Stuck in the middle of those two eejits."

"Uh-huh. Once I almost kicked them out of the b- uh, out of my house because of it."

"I would've slapped them probably." I shrugged.

"If I slapped them then Jordan would hack into all of my phones and technology and Declan would've beaten the crap out of me. I'm not risking that."

"Jordan can hack? Is he like the smart one?"

"Yeah, he's the smartest but acts stupid at times. It's part of his childishness. I'm inbetween, smart and strong, but not as strong as Declan or as smart as Jordan."

"I think I could overtake Jordan. Easily, even."

"Yeah, you could. If I tried I probably could in some things." Bennett responded.

"Some things?" I snorted. "You could probably beat him in everything, especially PE. I could probably beat him in PE."

"How athletic are you?"

"The most athletic girl in school who has managed to chase after a bus every morning for 11 years of my life as well as outrun Raymond and his goons."

"Ok, so very athletic." We laughed. "Anyways, Naomi, can I get your number? Maybe we could, uh, hang out some time?"

"Sure." I typed in my number adding a little heart next to my name. Bennett saw it and just smiled.

"Anyways, I've got to get going. I don't know what the others are doing to eachother." He rolled his eyes.

"Fucking, maybe?" I suggested.

"Possibly."

He stood up and hugged me quickly. Bennett smiled with a blush forming on his cheeks. "Uh, see you around, Naomi."

I think I'm falling in love....

A/n, hi, a short but kinda sweet chapter for you. Sorry for the awkwardness.