66

Roses pov:

I pulled my bag up over my arm, rushing to the dance studio. As soon as I got into the familiar building, I got changed in the bathroom into a pair of black leggings, a sports bra and a loose, off the shoulder top with rips in the side.

I walked out, putting my bag onto my locker. "Hello, Rose, dear," Mrs Priestly smiled at me.

"Hey, Mrs P," I replied, smiling back at the older woman.

"Here for practice?"

"You bet I am, Mrs P," I grinned. "Do you want me to lock up?"

"Yes, please. You have your key, right?"

Most of the time I'm there at night after closing times, so Mrs Priestly gave me my own key. I don't know why she's trusting me of all people with it.

"Yes, ma'am," I saluted her.

"Okay, I'm going to head off now. Keeping five year olds under control is exhausting," she laughed lightly. "Night, Rose. Don't other do it, pet."

"I won't, Mrs P. Get some sleep."

Once she had left, I started to play my music. I sung a cover of Dance Monkey by Tones And I. I like to sing as well as dance, so I cover the songs and then come up with a dance and post it on YouTube. Well, I'm going to.

This will be my first video once I perfect it.

My voice rang throughout the studio as I started to move to the music. I soon got lost in the rhythm, my voice on repeat as I went over my moves again and again until my lungs burned and my legs ached.

There was one move I couldn't perfect, though, and it was getting on my nerves. I was not leaving until I could perfect it.

"Ah! Fuck!" I cursed as I messed it up again. I went over it a couple of times slowly, before speeding up once I managed to do it. I then added it into the song. "Yes! I did it!"

I felt as if someone was watching me, but I didn't want to turn around. I just wanted to get lost in the music, to escape my life. To escape the ghosts of my past.

Instead, I went over the dance one more. This time, I perfected the whole thing as I moved in sync with my voice.

"Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me. I've never seen anybody do the things you do. Move for me, move for me, move for me. When you're done I'll make you do it all again," I sung out as I moved, twisting my body this way and that.

Once the song ended, I turned around to see someone staring at me in awe.

"B-bennett? What are you doing here?" I asked, confusion evident in my being.

"I, uh- I came to see if anyone was still here as Naomi said she wants to learn to dance. It's not going to last, but still. Anyways, I heard music and saw you dancing," he explained.

"Oh," I mumbled. Wait.. my crush just saw me dance!? Fuck no. "Please don't tell anyone about this, I'm begging you."

"I won't, but you're really good. You should show more people. I didn't even know you could dance, or sing, for a matter of fact," he smiled at me. He actually smiled!

My heart leapt before I realised what I was wearing. Thank god I had leggings on and not shorts, but still.

"Thank you. It's just- something I do on the side," I looked down shyly, my face turning hot.

"You could honestly make a career out of it," he approached me and stood a footstep in front of me, looking down at me slightly in the eyes. "Or a singing career. Maybe you could start a YouTube channel of covers of songs and different dances."