Chapter One

Chapter One

Delaney

The lights flashing reds, blues, purples, oranges, greens, and yellows. The music pounded out at every beat, the people allowing their bodies slide against others. The bar was piled with drunk 21 year olds and guys trying to take the girls home with the courtesy of them giving those girls drinks to make them slap drunk and easy to take home.

I glanced around the room to find the guys on a hunt for some fun. The bartender cleared his throat and made me look over at him now.

He had dirty blonde hair and a pretty smile. I can tell why all these girls keep ordering drinks. I would want to be around him too.

"What can I get you princess?" he asked me.

"Surprise me." I smiled.

"For you anything, oh and it's on the house." he winked. "Anything here, tonight only, on the house, just for you." he smiled before disappearing to get my drink.

A smile played on my lips before disappearing when I spotted him.

His dark eyes going around the room until spotting me and a smile crept through.

I realize who would've been here with him.

The bartender came back and handed me the alcohol.

If I was going to stay I needed something in my system.

"Hey." he smiled widely at me.

"What brings you here?"

"To apologize for the mess I made on your-" he paused and the creepy sick smile appeared as he finished the sentence. "white shirt."

"So your stalking me now?" I raised an eyebrow at him and he looked offended.

"No. Wait-" he was confused and probably was either high or drunk. I just couldn't figure out which one he was.

"Listen I guess it's nice for the apology? But I'm just not looking for a-" I paused, "I'm just not looking for any benefits or anything really."

"I'm not either. Just one night with me and we'll never have to discuss what we did."

Draven was lucky he was cute but I still debated. I wanted to be a tease not sex toy.

I got up with my drink and Draven took my hand.

"I'm not interested." I looked at him and he smiled.

"Then just give me a dance, that's all I ask for." his eyes were tense and hungry.

"I don't even know your name." I lied, I lied like no tomorrow because in my mind I wouldn't be in his bed tomorrow and he wouldn't remember tonight, and from my hopes I wouldn't either.

"Draven." he grinned. "Draven Woodcock." he said it proudly and I practically choked on my drink and I coughed because I never knew his last name and now that I do I can't seem to control my laughter.

"I know I'm pretty popular. All the girls get that reaction when I tell them my name." he grinned oblivious to the real reason they react like that.

"How about that dance?" he raised his brow and his hand out for me to take it.

I chugged the drink down and winked at the bartender. "I'll be back for more. A lot more." I smiled and he grinned right back.

"I can't wait." he kissed my hand before I walked off with Draven.

Draven spun me around once before pressing my lower back against his front and moved us in motion.

If I wasn't as tispy as I was feeling I wouldn't have made the mistake in being around him but I was being reckless tonight. I've been tired of playing it safe, playing it safe still gets you hurt. Love get you killed. Being reckless is the new safe haven.